• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because what certain people have said has come true, but might not be on the day they’ve said because there are so many moving parts.

On the takeover, as I’ve said countless times @Medway Blue & @Tribal Chief know what is going on. So listen to them.

Generally speaking, just this week we’ve seen @Tommy2holes & @londonshrimper. Correctly state our first home and last away matches.

@henry18 was the one to break Joe Gubbins was training with us and @in the know said that Wes was off to Ebbsfleet.

Plenty of people know what’s going on, it’s just working out who knows what they are talking about and ignoring the nonsense.
In days gone by people would’ve waited for news to come from the club, or be reported in the Echo. With social media and the internet people demand and expect constant updates. Even when they’re given them they aren’t happy, they want exact dates and times. TC and Medway have told us snippets of what they know to reassure us but still, people question and criticise.

Wait for news from the club .. then you know it’s 100% done, dusted and genuine.

In days gone by people would’ve waited for news to come from the club, or be reported in the Echo. With social media and the internet people demand and expect constant updates. Even when they’re given them they aren’t happy, they want exact dates and times. TC and Medway have told us snippets of what they know to reassure us but still, people question and criticise.

Wait for news from the club .. then you know it’s 100% done, dusted and genuine.
Totally agree, it is an instant world these days and the expectation from the Social Media generation is to know what’s happening every minute, not like the good old days of sit and wait until your told. Anyway, any ITK’s know if it’s happening today? I just can’t wait 😜.

No, because what certain people have said has come true, but might not be on the day they’ve said because there are so many moving parts.

On the takeover, as I’ve said countless times @Medway Blue & @Tribal Chief know what is going on. So listen to them.

Generally speaking, just this week we’ve seen @Tommy2holes & @londonshrimper. Correctly state our first home and last away matches.

@henry18 was the one to break Joe Gubbins was training with us and @in the know said that Wes was off to Ebbsfleet.

Plenty of people know what’s going on, it’s just working out who knows what they are talking about and ignoring the nonsense.
Great post mate and spot on

Exactly. Fact is no one posting on here really knows the current state of play and all these posts achieve is to unrealistically heighten expectations only to then dash them. A period of silence would be welcome pending an official statement from those who really know what is going on, i.e. the club and the consortium.
I think most people are trying to have one but impatient supporters won't let it happen!

NO......It means they know the bigger picture but no one knows the actual day it will happen. I get it some are nervous but some appear to want the deal to fall through......Its their last chance to say"told you so"

I really don't understand why inside knowledge is considered witchcraft by some. These are are people with proven track records of no Bull**** but are treated as trolls by a repetitive minority. Boywonder even has his own personal stalker watching every post he makes.

Forums are about opinions but the best bit for me is the ITK stuff.
And the alternative is to be told nothing even when it is, in fact, reassuring- and that would be considerably worse. It’s not the ITKs fault the timing is a movable feast…

This isn’t particularly a social media thing.

In days gone past people would have heard from a bloke down the pub or from their barber or from their workmate who knew so and so’s cousin.

All what’s changed is that you can find out the latest whisperings at a touch of a button instead of waiting for when you next bump into your friend who knows someone to hear.

It’s not unreasonable to want updates - I expect the consortium are wanting the same thing! The sale of the club has been rumbling on for 18 months. We were told officially it should close Q1 and here we are at Q3.

What we hear in terms of timetables are invariably the same things the consortium hears. When were told maybe Friday that’s what they will be being told as well.
Until it’s done no one knows for sure.

This isn’t particularly a social media thing.

In days gone past people would have heard from a bloke down the pub or from their barber or from their workmate who knew so and so’s cousin.

All what’s changed is that you can find out the latest whisperings at a touch of a button instead of waiting for when you next bump into your friend who knows someone to hear.

It’s not unreasonable to want updates - I expect the consortium are wanting the same thing! The sale of the club has been rumbling on for 18 months. We were told officially it should close Q1 and here we are at Q3.

What we hear in terms of timetables are invariably the same things the consortium hears. When were told maybe Friday that’s what they will be being told as well.
Until it’s done no one knows for sure.
Yup the last sentence says it all. So wait for announcements from the club.
You’re right I guess, SZ is the modern version of the pub or the queue at the bank. But I’m sure people didn’t pin their mate’s cousins dog against the wall demanding answers.

Not true, I remember going to a phone box to call up to find out whether we had signed Keith Jones or not on deadline day - I have no idea what service that was!!!

Not true, I remember going to a phone box to call up to find out whether we had signed Keith Jones or not on deadline day - I have no idea what service that was!!!
Yeah but you weren’t calling some random bloke on here. It was official news (I guess!)

I would just like to clarify that I know **** all about anything, neither about what's going on with SUFC nor anything to do with my own life.

Hope this helps.

In a way, it's like a health condition. like you had cancer, and now you feel alright and you're still breathing. but until you get the all clear from the doctor you're still nervous. but Ron Martin doesn't feel like a cancer, and i've never liked the rat things (rats aren't as bad). he's more like some sort of wart. maybe a genital wart. so fingers crossed we all get the all clear today that we're free of the genital wart

I think that if this was a simple transaction that didn't involve the rat most people would be fairly chilled with the delays. However, given the history of rat and his business dealings and the amount of times its been, Friday, maybe Monday, early next week, rinse and repeat etc People are feeling anxious and just want rat gone from the club.

Its not a lack of patience (christ this has been going on almost 2 years) and people aren't disbelieving the ITK's info etc.

Until its signed, its not done and the club still belongs to rat. We all need closure that's all.

I think that if this was a simple transaction that didn't involve the rat most people would be fairly chilled with the delays. However, given the history of rat and his business dealings and the amount of times its been, Friday, maybe Monday, early next week, rinse and repeat etc People are feeling anxious and just want rat gone from the club.

Its not a lack of patience (christ this has been going on almost 2 years) and people aren't disbelieving the ITK's info etc.

Until its signed, its not done and the club still belongs to rat. We all need closure that's all.

And we wont ever get closure if COSU and their legal team don't get this right first time.

We are signing players, team are in full pre season and no embargo. We are clearly in a 1000% better position than 12 months ago, with plenty to look forward to.
We just need some patience from our fans because they are the ones whipping up the anxiety.....Not anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back