• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One minute the deal is done, then šŸ€ delays. Iā€™ve lost count of the can kicking exercises this year.
Perhaps all this protracted sale of the club hasnā€™t affected you much BW. But thereā€™s many posters on here that have been affected, itā€™s been pure torture for some of us.
As I previously said I do expect the sale to go through soon.

I just donā€™t understand how this is the worst itā€™s been, in your eyes, when a deal has been agreed, with lawyers checking all the details and signing off on it, and various ITK are stating itā€™s a done deal.

Yet, weā€™ve had court cases marked ā€œfinalā€, weā€™ve had a judge said theyā€™d have wound us up if it wasnā€™t for the fans, we were minutes away from being booted out of the NL last summer (only kept in by filing our accounts with minutes to spare). We stopped pre-season last time around due to unpaid wages, stage of the training ground, water cut off etc. weā€™ve had 1/2 subs on numerous occasions.

In my eyes, this bit is a walk in the park compared to some of those days.

You think the last 10 days has been the most difficult, really?

This is probably the most calm itā€™s been.

Weā€™ve got the embargo lifted, not had to pay the bond to the national league, will have our fixtures in 45 minutes and brought in two of our top summer transfer targets.

Iā€™d suggest weā€™ve had a lot worse times than these last 10 days.

Iā€™d listen to the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief with news on this.

Gear yourself up for the England game tonight, and if you are into it, watch a bit of Jimmy Andersonā€™s last test match for England rather than constantly refreshing ShrimperZone & Twitter.
Yes the footy would be nice, but Iā€™m In work unfortunately ā˜¹ļø

For those who are still concerned it may collapse... please ask why COSU would commit to new players, wages, whatever guarantee they have had to give the NL and everything else they are doing and have done if they had ANY DOUBT AT ALL that it would not collapse.

For us supporters who have no inside knowledge, it is a painful waiting process, granted. But when we had thought it had been done before, there were plenty of ITK's giving us cause for doubt and concern that the club might fold. COSU were asking us not to protest; Phoenix club plans were being discussed. MP's and local councillors were involved, SZ was being updated and things were changing by the hour.

Nothing like that is happening now. I would think COSU more than anyone are itching for this to be as done as it can be so it can be formally announced and the season ticket sales launched.

No-one is panicking apart from nervous supporters.

The time to worry is when COSU and the ITK's start to worry.

In the meantime, let's relax and enjoy the Euros.
Let's not forget they did this last season as the deal was as good as done.

People will worry because while the deal may be all agreed but until it is back from the lawyers and signed off it can still collapse and let's not forget who they are dealing with.

For those who are still concerned it may collapse... please ask why COSU would commit to new players, wages, whatever guarantee they have had to give the NL and everything else they are doing and have done if they had ANY DOUBT AT ALL that it would not collapse.

I'll answer as I think there is a logical reason to sign players even if you're not 100% sure you'll own the club - NB it's not what I think they're doing.

Firstly COSU aren't committing to new players, wages etc - the club is. If they don't own the club when the next wages are due - they could choose to walk away then.

Secondly - if they do acquire the club they want it in as a 'good/current' condition as possible on the playing side as if we're much further behind other clubs could easily dent any promotion chances - so get players in now, if acquire club brilliant, if not then it's not COSU problem.

So to sum up, very low (financial) risk to assure the asset you want to buy is in as good a position on the pitch as possible.

I fully understand not putting season cards on sale until it's complete but with record sales predicted, it's going to be very difficult to actually get cards processed in time for York.
What's new?

It's been like that for the last 20 years.

It wouldn't be SUFC if your card failed to arrive, or not work at the turnstile first game.

We will all miss these little irritations, once we are a properly functioning club. Won't we? :Smile2:

Don't know why the club didn't do an option to hold your current seat for Ā£1 a while a go. This would have put a few people as ease that they won't lose there current seat.
Nothing changed. Your current seat is being held right now for Ā£0. How do you lose your current seat when theyā€™re not currently for sale? When they do, the assumption will be thatā€™ll you have a certain window to complete your purchase whether you paid a mythical Ā£1 or you didnā€™t.

Nothing to worry about here.

Season tickets donā€™t ā€˜haveā€™ to go on sale before season starts.

Obviously not ideal but you could issue them at a later date and have a process where the price of tickets bought to date is subtracted from the season ticket price so no one looses out.

Worst case someone buys ā€˜ your seatā€™ for the first couple of games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back