• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has genuine concerns, and I am aware of what they are. He was told something by somebody he trusts, and I am not going to say that he is wrong to trust that person (I don't know who his source is to be clear). What he says is certainly possible and indeed unsurprising considering it's Ron we are talking about, but I do think it would have reared its ugly head by now.

This.

I’m amazed that this deal has got to the stage it has without those skeletons - or aggrieved parties - coming out of the woodwork, be it publicly or through legal channels.

Occam’s Razor suggests it’s a non-starter and yet where Ron is concerned….

We may have had words recently, but you are on point with what you say here. People just need to be patient. Evidence so far suggests things are happening at the rate you would expect. Do think we need to get season tickets sorted this week though. (Saturday is 4 weeks from the season’s start).
Very true on season tickets- you have to give people time to pay and renew current seats, and allow for people being on holiday for potentially half the remaining time… it’s getting very tight

Only slightly off topic, I see the Shrimps are in as precarious situation as we have been and their takeover is dragging on just as long with even less clarity than ours

Must be something to do with our nicknames... maybe the sellers are very shellfish people...

Not dissing your clear insider knowledge but I have to point out we were handing out 2 year contracts months ago before the deal was done and dusted. It is all a bit confusing for the outsiders.
To be fair weren't under an embargo then and COSU thought it would all be done by February.

Until we hear that this is actually signed by king rat and baby rat then there is always going to be zero trust in any in the knows saying it’s all done and dusted. Based on history of the past few years and especially all the close moments of the past few weeks.

I for one an expecting it to fall through, as it shouldn’t take a week to sign off legal’s.

As for the embargo that was purely for the WUP, so it’s no surprise that’s been lifted and we have signed a player or two.

The NL only have the same info that we do that it’s all been agreed of sorts, hence the bond not being required.

I’m not getting excited at all yet.

It's being so cheerful that keeps you going isn't it. :Facepalm:

I’m FAIRLY relaxed because of what’s going on (winding up order navigated, embargo lifted, wages paid, players signed etc).

But think it’s reasonable to not be TOTALLY relaxed until the ink is dry on the contracts and we have our corner flag picture update on the official site. Just because it feels we’ve been here before then it all went tits up.

So cautiously optimistic right now, but still cautious.

I think it will be announced at 12:06pm today. No inside knowledge
This .06 thing is a bit of scam you know as they’ll likely be using scheduling software to post and many of those only have 5 min increments so we **** out of luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back