• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confident following updates from the ITKs on here, but the fact there has been no formal updates or statements is starting to worry me more and more each day - after the process we've been through its not surprising.
Not issuing even a holding statement is only logical for two reasons (in my head):
  • They want to release a single big takeover statement and use the hype to drive season ticket sales
  • Things aren't actually 100% confirmed and there is still a risk this could fall apart
I'm 95% wallop that the first point is the reasoning - but there remains that 5% doubt which is still causing me daily angst.

I think the last 10 days have been the most difficult. As we were being told bye in the knows that everything is 100% agreed. And it was just down to final legals.
Obviously not in my book, the 🐀 just don’t want to let go of the club.
I do think the sale will eventually go through, but only when the 🐀 is ready, think the sale is going to rumble on for some time yet.

I think the last 10 days have been the most difficult. As we were being told bye in the knows that everything is 100% agreed. And it was just down to final legals.
I do think the sale will eventually go through, but only when the 🐀 is ready, think the sale is going to rumble on for some time yet.

You think the last 10 days has been the most difficult, really?

This is probably the most calm it’s been.

We’ve got the embargo lifted, not had to pay the bond to the national league, will have our fixtures in 45 minutes and brought in two of our top summer transfer targets.

I’d suggest we’ve had a lot worse times than these last 10 days.

I’d listen to the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief with news on this.

Gear yourself up for the England game tonight, and if you are into it, watch a bit of Jimmy Anderson’s last test match for England rather than constantly refreshing ShrimperZone & Twitter.

Politely but firmly disagree.

There have been days where the whole thing looked likely to collapse. The situation now is that a private company is being paid to check and amend the paperwork. Lawyers are paid handsomely for working round the clock to deliver on agreements like this. It is almost certainly a matter of when, not if.

Still waiting to renew our carpark pass. Has anyone else heard when this will be possible to do?

I'd appreciate it if I didn't get my head bitten off for asking this time 😂

You think the last 10 days has been the most difficult, really?

This is probably the most calm it’s been.

We’ve got the embargo lifted, not had to pay the bond to the national league, will have our fixtures in 45 minutes and brought in two of our top summer transfer targets.

I’d suggest we’ve had a lot worse times than these last 10 days.

I’d listen to the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief with news on this.

Gear yourself up for the England game tonight, and if you are into it, watch a bit of Jimmy Anderson’s last test match for England rather than constantly refreshing ShrimperZone & Twitter.
I did mean supporters BW not the club, although it was not perfectly clear.

One minute the deal is done, then 🐀 delays. I’ve lost count of the can kicking exercises this year.
Perhaps all this protracted sale of the club hasn’t affected you much BW. But there’s many posters on here that have been affected, it’s been pure torture for some of us.
As I previously said I do expect the sale to go through soon.

For those who are still concerned it may collapse... please ask why COSU would commit to new players, wages, whatever guarantee they have had to give the NL and everything else they are doing and have done if they had ANY DOUBT AT ALL that it would not collapse.

For us supporters who have no inside knowledge, it is a painful waiting process, granted. But when we had thought it had been done before, there were plenty of ITK's giving us cause for doubt and concern that the club might fold. COSU were asking us not to protest; Phoenix club plans were being discussed. MP's and local councillors were involved, SZ was being updated and things were changing by the hour.

Nothing like that is happening now. I would think COSU more than anyone are itching for this to be as done as it can be so it can be formally announced and the season ticket sales launched.

No-one is panicking apart from nervous supporters.

The time to worry is when COSU and the ITK's start to worry.

In the meantime, let's relax and enjoy the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back