• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing what the issues were, what are your thoughts on @foreverBlues concerns regarding the takeover?

Can't both be right, but are you or @Medway Blu aware of them?
I think he has genuine concerns, and I am aware of what they are. He was told something by somebody he trusts, and I am not going to say that he is wrong to trust that person (I don't know who his source is to be clear). What he says is certainly possible and indeed unsurprising considering it's Ron we are talking about, but I do think it would have reared its ugly head by now.

Only slightly off topic, I see the Shrimps are in as precarious situation as we have been and their takeover is dragging on just as long with even less clarity than ours

If there no announcement of takeover completed by Friday then alarm bells will be ringing. We been here before where we were lead to believe that it's just formality only for it to fall on its arse. With the rat still involved it's just best to side on the air of caution despite what's been put on here or twitter. Personally I think there will be another sting to come which will lead to further delay and all hopes of optimism for new season will be dashed.

Until we hear that this is actually signed by king rat and baby rat then there is always going to be zero trust in any in the knows saying it’s all done and dusted. Based on history of the past few years and especially all the close moments of the past few weeks.

I for one an expecting it to fall through, as it shouldn’t take a week to sign off legal’s.

As for the embargo that was purely for the WUP, so it’s no surprise that’s been lifted and we have signed a player or two.

The NL only have the same info that we do that it’s all been agreed of sorts, hence the bond not being required.

I’m not getting excited at all yet.

Respectfully, and I say this after talking to @LondonShrimper and burying the hatchet with him, I would say that he is the best source (along with @BoyWonder2 and @GBJ ) for transfer news and on the pitch happenings, and @Medway Blue is your man for off the pitch and takeover business. There's also another guy who's quite good but I forget his name.
I believe it was Solo

Until we hear that this is actually signed by king rat and baby rat then there is always going to be zero trust in any in the knows saying it’s all done and dusted. Based on history of the past few years and especially all the close moments of the past few weeks.

I for one an expecting it to fall through, as it shouldn’t take a week to sign off legal’s.

As for the embargo that was purely for the WUP, so it’s no surprise that’s been lifted and we have signed a player or two.

The NL only have the same info that we do that it’s all been agreed of sorts, hence the bond not being required.

I’m not getting excited at all yet.
Respectfully you are mistaken on a few points. This is a complex legal transaction - that takes time. The embargo was lifted because the WUP was cleared and the bond was no longer required. Both needed to happen.

Get excited - it won't kill you.

Respectfully you are mistaken on a few points. This is a complex legal transaction - that takes time. The embargo was lifted because the WUP was cleared and the bond was no longer required. Both needed to happen.

Get excited - it won't kill you.
We may have had words recently, but you are on point with what you say here. People just need to be patient. Evidence so far suggests things are happening at the rate you would expect. Do think we need to get season tickets sorted this week though. (Saturday is 4 weeks from the season’s start).

You don't enter into binding two year contracts if you're worried that you won't own the club. The NL lifted the embargo because they were satisfied that the club was for all intents and purposes under new ownership.
Not dissing your clear insider knowledge but I have to point out we were handing out 2 year contracts months ago before the deal was done and dusted. It is all a bit confusing for the outsiders.

I trust the posters who’ve been mentioned and what they say. The fact COSU haven’t walked can only mean one thing, they’re determined to see this over the line, come what may.

The NL would’ve booted us out the league .. or kept this bond hanging over us .. if they had any doubts it was more or less done. They want the club out of Ronnie’s grasp as much as anyone else, I’m sure.

We’ve just got to wait a bit longer and pray to the Gods that the Martins haven’t got one final bullet left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back