• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we expecting just the club is transferred over and Roots Hall later still?
If the latter, I dread to think how long it will be before Roots Hall is owned by COSU (if ever!)

Nothing to be concerned about. You think COSU would be signing off on player acquisitions if they had any doubts?
Well ... Actually, I think they would

For what they've already put in, Signing a couple of players is a drop in the ocean.

They are simply being proactive to give the club it's best chance of success on the pitch.

They are very much gambling still

For what they've already put in, Signing a couple of players is a drop in the ocean.

They are simply being proactive to give the club it's best chance of success on the pitch.

I can assure you they are not gambling at this stage. If you don't believe me, ask the National League.

Agree. It is a risk, a calculated risk, but one they clearly feel is worth taking.
Our key way back to sustainability is on the pitch, so that is where they are investing first. Makes total sense to me - as a better team means better results. Better results means more people through the door and a better chance of promotion. More through the door = more money coming in!

Agree. It is a risk, a calculated risk, but one they clearly feel is worth taking.
Our key way back to sustainability is on the pitch, so that is where they are investing first. Makes total sense to me - as a better team means better results. Better results means more people through the door and a better chance of promotion. More through the door = more money coming in!
I acknowledge the Tribal Chief

Nothing to be concerned about. You think COSU would be signing off on player acquisitions if they had any doubts?
I take your point, but there's little cash needed upfront for signings right? So let's say, hypothetically, deal falls apart next week, they probably haven't put any cash in for the new signings, or the cash amount will be low relative to what's already gone in. So relatively low risk, financially, to make some signings whilst awaiting deal signing.

On the national league lifting embargo - no idea, statement from the club appeared to imply it's been lifted because WUP been removed. Based on their requirements for £1m bond, it's not clear why it's no longer required. And there's been a lack of public statements from anyone on that

LondonShrimper tweeted last night that theres more good news to come, and he is probably the most reliable source, so I'm confident it'll be announced this week
Respectfully, and I say this after talking to @LondonShrimper and burying the hatchet with him, I would say that he is the best source (along with @BoyWonder2 and @GBJ ) for transfer news and on the pitch happenings, and @Medway Blue is your man for off the pitch and takeover business. There's also another guy who's quite good but I forget his name.

I take your point, but there's little cash needed upfront for signings right? So let's say, hypothetically, deal falls apart next week, they probably haven't put any cash in for the new signings, or the cash amount will be low relative to what's already gone in. So relatively low risk, financially, to make some signings whilst awaiting deal signing.

On the national league lifting embargo - no idea, statement from the club appeared to imply it's been lifted because WUP been removed. Based on their requirements for £1m bond, it's not clear why it's no longer required. And there's been a lack of public statements from anyone on that
You don't enter into binding two year contracts if you're worried that you won't own the club. The NL lifted the embargo because they were satisfied that the club was for all intents and purposes under new ownership.

Respectfully, and I say this after talking to @LondonShrimper and burying the hatchet with him, I would say that he is the best source (along with @BoyWonder2 and @GBJ ) for transfer news and on the pitch happenings, and @Medway Blue is your man for off the pitch and takeover business. There's also another guy who's quite good but I forget his name.
I hear you. Not been on the fourm for long so naturally I havent seen many posts from Medway Blue but am already noticing you guys are the go-to. Been on twitter for years so always followed LondonShrimper as he's almost always correct with what he tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back