• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the take over is finaly done hear is a couple of tunes when it does happen For the fans there is Glad all over by the local band the Dave clark five .And for justin there is i come from a land of under byMen at work .

View attachment 32666
Just for old times sake. Hopefully the consortium will have a rather more imaginative background for their announcements. I personally do not want any reminders of the Martin dictatorship.

Glad to see the corner flag has indeed been ditched in favour of a picture of the West Stand, not sure it is the most imaginative background for club statements, but who cares - we have a great new signing in Josh Walker and looking forward to more statements coming - UP The Blues!

Glad to see the corner flag has indeed been ditched in favour of a picture of the West Stand, not sure it is the most imaginative background for club statements, but who cares - we have a great new signing in Josh Walker and looking forward to more statements coming - UP The Blues!
I still preferred it when it was the Gilbert & Rose West Stand 🤣

The one who wants the Council’s deal to be watertight is Ron as in giving up the club he is giving up his leverage of the emotional attachment people have for the club and his housing development becomes just another housing development and not a deal integral to the survival of the city’s football team.

Until COSU get full ownership of RH it will be linked to our survival. They have been forced to cut a deal which on paper is risky. So they will want to make sure Ron can't wriggle out of the RH and the training ground for £1 each.

10 years from now we don't want the new East stand half way through completion and Ron junior saying FF hasn't gone as smooth as expected.... So when the lease expire at RH I'm having it back.

That was my point about the delays in completion. All rat runs need to be completely blocked......Even ones that currently don't exist.

SOUTHEND United legend Chris Powell insists things should have been allowed to get so bad for Blues.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links

SOUTHEND United legend Chris Powell insists things shouldn’t have been allowed to get so bad for Blues.

Powell made 290 appearances for the Shrimpers at the start of his illustrious career before returning for a 13 month spell as manager in January 2018.

And the 54-year-old has been saddened to see his former side fighting to survive.

“I really don’t even know where to start when it comes to talking about Southend,” said Powell.

“On one hand Ron(Martin) has put money in and there’s no doubting that over the years but it should never have got to this.

“New ownership has been in the pipeline for so long but it’s not officially happened and there have been times where the club is on the brink.

“It just shouldn’t happen and Southend’s support is second to none in their league.

“The core of that support will always be there and I just saddens me they’ve been treated this way.

“They should have a club and a stadium that’s befitting of their support.”

Instead of that however, Blues fans have been left sweating on whether or not the club would be able to kick off the forthcoming National League campaign.

But, despite the off-field difficulties, head coach Kevin Maher has been able to work wonders.

And Powell is full of praise for the job Maher has done.

“What Kev Maher has done there, with sometimes having one or two subs last year, is quite remarkable,” said Powell.

“We’ve kept in contact and I’ve wished him well.

“He has the qualities to push the team on and even last year without the 10 point handicap they would’ve made the top seven which is incredible given everything that was going on.

“I have to congratulate him and the players for what they’ve gone through but now it’s about having a football club there for the foreseeable future.

“Hopefully they can build from there and move on.

“It’s a real shame but I always look out for the results and I hope so much that the club has a positive way forward because that’s what everyone needs.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back