• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little lost to be honest. I know the transfer embargo has been lifted but that is clearly because there are no grounds for it to be retained. This is positive, but obviously - as I type - the deal has not been completed. I know there is an agreement but I suspect that means Jack to the National League given all that’s gone before. This matters, because on Wednesday the fixture list for 24/25 comes out. What’s the odds that there are two versions right now, one that includes Southend United and one that does not.

I know there is the alternative of handing a million quid over to the NL. Can’t see that happening.

I’m a little lost to be honest. I know the transfer embargo has been lifted but that is clearly because there are no grounds for it to be retained. This is positive, but obviously - as I type - the deal has not been completed. I know there is an agreement but I suspect that means Jack to the National League given all that’s gone before. This matters, because on Wednesday the fixture list for 24/25 comes out. What’s the odds that there are two versions right now, one that includes Southend United and one that does not.

I know there is the alternative of handing a million quid over to the NL. Can’t see that happening.

We don’t have to hand over a million quid over anymore…

You don't need to do that now we have the lightning icon for new posts.

We’ve had that for ages!

The NL really aren’t trying to screw us over. The request for a bond might have screwed us but they were actually trying to help.

If they wanted to chuck us out they would have done so by now. They’ve had ample opportunities to do so: Ron’s been playing fast and loose with the NL rules now for 3 years now.

They want to get rid of Ron, not us.

If they were going to expel us they wouldn’t have lifted the embargo.

If the consortium were going to abandon us they wouldn’t have paid the winding up petition.

We will be in the fixtures announced Wednesday.

We’ve had that for ages!

The NL really aren’t trying to screw us over. The request for a bond might have screwed us but they were actually trying to help.

If they wanted to chuck us out they would have done so by now. They’ve had ample opportunities to do so: Ron’s been playing fast and loose with the NL rules now for 3 years now.

They want to get rid of Ron, not us.

If they were going to expel us they wouldn’t have lifted the embargo.

If the consortium were going to abandon us they wouldn’t have paid the winding up petition.

We will be in the fixtures announced Wednesday.
That's sense Withnail. All is well, look out for signings today or tomorrow and an announcement this week. Listen to @Medway Blue - he knows and is less excitable than me.

You're more than a little lost. The NL have no issues with us now. Go back and read posts from @Medway Blue and my good self.

I assume Season Ticket news will come after the announcement, which sounds like Wednesday at the earliest from what people are saying.

The latest I've heard is that it might still be a couple of days before the sale of the club is announced.

New signings, however.....
Any reason for it needing more days or is it just legal malarkey? Whats holding up making it official?

I so hope that the new chancellor's incredibly unhelpful announcement on housebuilding across swathes of greenbelt hasnt given the ratty family a new length of rope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back