• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for your response, I am not sure I quite see it that way, but appreciate your views around how the trust see their input. There looks to be a lot of words within that email and alot of stakeholders suggested, the ones you represent havent been, us the fans.. again I am not looking for a battle, I still don't believe there has been a resent update or rounded constructive press release from yourselves, however I assume you have one sitting in draft for the big incoming day should it happen? I appreciate all the work you have done as you have itemised within your email.. A brief update to the fans would also be appreciated. I noted the one you sent out after the local and national election, but certainly non since, and none prior to that in the build up to court action. I would assume (however I don't know this for certain) having represented boards and trusts in my working career you would be privy to information that isn't in the public eye. I would assume (again this is only an assumption) Your obligation is to your members and fans... surely an update to that group you represent should be at the absolute for front of your strategy (keeping people updated) however chaotic your input is with all the other stakeholders and other items you are currently carrying out. Thank you for your response, I hope my feedback can be of benefit in the long run, and I very much look forward to your manifesto in how you will lobby and work closely with the new incoming owners, I think a lot of lessons (I hope) have been learnt with the very liberal approach to the current and soon to be previous owner that the trust adopted. I hope the new relationship has a much more structured non bias mechanism where the same mistakes are not allowed to play out again (For all our sakes you and I young and Old) Many Thanks Ian
I might PM you to avoid this thread going off topic.

We are always looking to listen, learn and take actions to improve.

I’m hoping that it’ll be announced on or by Wednesday so that it’ll line up with the fixture release. Then we can finally get or renew our season tickets etc. Will have to see how it pans out though 🤞🏻

thank you for your response, I am not sure I quite see it that way, but appreciate your views around how the trust see their input. There looks to be a lot of words within that email and alot of stakeholders suggested, the ones you represent havent been, us the fans.. again I am not looking for a battle, I still don't believe there has been a resent update or rounded constructive press release from yourselves, however I assume you have one sitting in draft for the big incoming day should it happen? I appreciate all the work you have done as you have itemised within your email.. A brief update to the fans would also be appreciated. I noted the one you sent out after the local and national election, but certainly non since, and none prior to that in the build up to court action. I would assume (however I don't know this for certain) having represented boards and trusts in my working career you would be privy to information that isn't in the public eye. I would assume (again this is only an assumption) Your obligation is to your members and fans... surely an update to that group you represent should be at the absolute for front of your strategy (keeping people updated) however chaotic your input is with all the other stakeholders and other items you are currently carrying out. Thank you for your response, I hope my feedback can be of benefit in the long run, and I very much look forward to your manifesto in how you will lobby and work closely with the new incoming owners, I think a lot of lessons (I hope) have been learnt with the very liberal approach to the current and soon to be previous owner that the trust adopted. I hope the new relationship has a much more structured non bias mechanism where the same mistakes are not allowed to play out again (For all our sakes you and I young and Old) Many Thanks Ian
Here's the thing, really. Unfortunately we, as fans, are not "stakeholders". We should be, and clubs should be community assets, and lots of other stuff should be the case as well, but the fact of the matter is that football clubs are (but probably shouldn't be) profit making businesses and we have absolutely **** all say in what goes on.

And on a deal like this, where nothing happens for a period of time, then things are agreed and change by the hour almost, it is difficult for anyone to keep up. As soon as one thing is said it changes and nothing reduces the effectiveness or credibility than false statements.

Plus the Trust members are not employed, it is not their paid job, they have to fit everything around the rest of their lives and I personally am thankful for them doing what they do (as I am for the Mods on here). Anyone who gives up their own time to run or help run things for the benefit of others and with no personal reward other than the kudos of doing so is worthy of immense gratitude.

I have spent around 40 years of my life either running clubs or being involved in their administration for the benefit of others so am well aware of the sacrifices I have had to make in order to carry out those tasks.

So Ian, this is not to personally have a dig. I appreciate you aren't looking for a battle and are only giving feedback, but I am banging the drum for the Trust and Mods who do their jobs to the best of their ability within the capacity they have, free of charge (and in some cases at their own expense) for the sole benefit of the rest of us. I am not a Trust official so can be totally impartial when I make these comments and can probably say things they can't.

Here's a huge personal vote of thanks to all concerned, regardless of whatever the eventual outcome is.

We have made regular statements on the takeover process and its may moving parts. These have been released via the Trust's website, social media channels, shrimperzone and via emails to members.

We try, as regularly as is practicable, to provide updates that contain certainties. The situation moves and changes constantly and one thing that might have been true when everyone goes to bed may no longer be the case when we all wake up the next day.

In a normal football sale there are 2 active participants. There are over 10 here (Ron Martin, Jack Martin, Southend Council, the local MP, The National League, CBRE, Merseyside Pension Fund, HMRC, The High Court, PG Site Services, The FA, other petitioners) before you even GET to The Trust. Any of those legal entities can do something that changes the situation for almost all the other related parties.

We have tried as much as possible to remain calm and enocouraged others to do the same. We have put plans in place for outcomes we didn't want because we knew that the worst might happen regardless. We have tried to control the things we can control, to speak to people in positions of power & influence in order to ensure that the club was being protected and to position ourselves as a legitimate body that may one day play a role in protecting the club in perpetuity.

We're also looking at our own internal processes, listening to feedback from sections of the fanbase and seeking to adjust & modernise behaviours and goals; even though that isn't particularly sexy.

We want to be an organisation that truly represents fans: our fears, our hopes, our talents & abilities to support the club in formal ways. We are working on lots of things but only try to provide others with the certainty we all deserve.
I think the trust has done an excellent job in extremely difficult circumstances.
But of course it will never be enough for some as you haven't always backed protests! (despite being told by parties who CAN be trusted, that protests would have been detrimental at that stage).

Keep up the good work!

Here's the thing, really. Unfortunately we, as fans, are not "stakeholders". We should be, and clubs should be community assets, and lots of other stuff should be the case as well, but the fact of the matter is that football clubs are (but probably shouldn't be) profit making businesses and we have absolutely **** all say in what goes on.
I think you are confusing stakeholders and shareholders. Shareholders own the shares of a limited company. Stakeholders are anyone who has a vested interest in the company, be it fans, staff, customers and suppliers.

I think you are confusing stakeholders and shareholders. Shareholders own the shares of a limited company. Stakeholders are anyone who has a vested interest in the company, be it fans, staff, customers and suppliers.
The fans absolutely are stakeholders but at the moment that comes with nothing more than a moral authority. The question is how to spin that into formal powers.

What can the Trust do to help safeguard the club? What responsibilities (if any) would COSU be willing to cede?

In regards to all these long-term strategic aims, the takeover is only the prologue... and we haven't even finished that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back