• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s matter of when not if now, with the embargo being lifted that shows that national league are satisfied that it will get done, and it’s not like them to give us any leeway they wouldn’t have lifted the embargo if it was still up in the air.
I hope so, I have seen this many times with southend, none more so than the 'its done' on many accounts with the last group of lads who tried to by the club. Nothing more than an official response would pacify even the more relaxed amongst us I am sure.

I don't understand why, if it is 'done', an announcement hasn't been made yet. I fully trust that it will get over the line, but lots of people are struggling mentally in life right now, and this ongoing saga won't be helping. I think for the sanity and mental well-being of the fan base, we want, and need, an announcement sooner rather than later.

@Medway Blue said bond wasn’t an issue now so why wouldn’t we be included if they are satisfied progress has been made? Are we worried they aren’t telling us the truth or that they are just untrustworthy when it comes to SUFC? Obviously the news they were sounding out Boringwood to replace us would definitely give us the jitters I’m sure.
I do not mean to contradict Medway, but lots of people (Ron & Jack, usually) habe said one thing and done another when it came to the crunch.

Similar to lots of aspects of this deal, public annoucements are usually a confirmation of things we've heard from good, trusted sources. The inclusion of SUFC when the NL fixture lists are published would fall into that category imo.

I do not mean to contradict Medway, but lots of people (Ron & Jack, usually) habe said one thing and done another when it came to the crunch.

Similar to lots of aspects of this deal, public annoucements are usually a confirmation of things we've heard from good, trusted sources. The inclusion of SUFC when the NL fixture lists are published would fall into that category imo.
Yeah, fair enough.

I don't understand why, if it is 'done', an announcement hasn't been made yet. I fully trust that it will get over the line, but lots of people are struggling mentally in life right now, and this ongoing saga won't be helping. I think for the sanity and mental well-being of the fan base, we want, and need, an announcement sooner rather than later.
As i said before, the deal 'is done'. But to be finalised, it has to go through all the legal stuff by the different lawyers representing The Martin's, The Council, and The Consortium. That final hurdle can sometimes make a done deal, not done, especially when people like The Martin's are involved. Especially as they like to throw a spanner in the works when things are already agreed.
So all we can do is wait, and hope all the legal stuff gets finalised.

Genuine question , we are out of the embargo, no takeover at present if it drags on for a few more days, would the guardians give up the money to buy players or does Kev have to wait with a promise to the player and hope he holds on till deal gets over the line?
Bit like being the fat kid at school , you know you will be last in line to get picked ( Me 55 years ago 🤣) , similar to players are we left with the dregs who cannot get in anywhere else ?

As i said before, the deal 'is done'. But to be finalised, it has to go through all the legal stuff by the different lawyers representing The Martin's, The Council, and The Consortium. That final hurdle can sometimes make a done deal, not done, especially when people like The Martin's are involved. Especially as they like to throw a spanner in the works when things are already agreed.
So all we can do is wait, and hope all the legal stuff gets finalised.
What bit has to go through the Council?

I thought the point of decoupling it from the property stuff meant this wasn’t required and could be done at a later date?

Agreed- but surely the level of investment the consortium can. or would be willing to make, will depend on the terms under which they acquire the club and prior to owning RH. In terms of major investment at least.

Regarding the deal closing it seems to me season tickets wont go on sale until it is closed and we a 4 weeks or so from the season starting?
Yes, and this is why they couldn't commit to investing in Roots Hall earlier. A lot will depend on the deal they have agreed regarding the club and Roots Hall, as you say.

What bit has to go through the Council?

I thought the point of decoupling it from the property stuff meant this wasn’t required and could be done at a later date?
It was mentioned before that it just has to go through the lawyers for the Martin's, the Council and COSU. I didn't get the Council bit either, because of the decoupling thing.

As an independent fan with no affiliation to the 'in the know' accounts, I do find it quite strange on this occasion, why the official voice of the supports the 'Shrimpers Trust' haven't been updating members, and non members in helping to pacify through this very very troubling of times. I appreciate they do a lot of good work, however I am puzzled, I would have thought communication during the last however long would have been paramount? I assume there are member of the board that post on this site? As you can possibly tell, I am quite agitated about the ongoing saga to my club, and find the trust to be the most calming when they do post..
Medway blue and Liam *** are both Trust board so you can take note of their comments if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back