• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always going to be a site for private development by Ron.

Everyone. The council prefers low-rise family homes, COSU want to stay at RH, & Ron needs to deliver a project.

COSU’s plans for RH would be good for this part of the city which needs regeneration.

Under COSU, yes.

Covenants are a tricky legal area to comment on but we want to protect the club and the stadium

There’s lots of parking in easy walking plus lots of public transport routes. Prioritising parking for 23 match days a year isn’t the best use of time/resources/space. The council will allow building anywhere in line with planning law.

Makes no difference as it’s the council’s involvement. I kept all informed and Anna’s efforts were much appreciated.

There is no going back to the Cox plan because it failed DD.

There’s legal paperwork to sort. As COSU said, it’s not done until it’s done but it’s agreed.

I'm not say The Cox plan. I meant possibly more units in line with all national Government targets.

Either way what ever plans are in place now there is high probability they will change. Its a good thing that COSU and us fans don't nee to be linked to any further changes.

Out of Interest, what are the current 15\20 year house building targets for our borough?

I'm not say The Cox plan. I meant possibly more units in line with all national Government targets.

Either way what ever plans are in place now there is high probability they will change. Its a good thing that COSU and us fans don't nee to be linked to any further changes.

Out of Interest, what are the current 15\20 year house building targets for our borough?
But any further changes / delays will affect Roots Hall and getting it in the hands of the consortium, won't it? Until RH changes hands, we will still be under some form of the Martins' grip as our landlords.

Or have I got that wrong?

But any further changes / delays will affect Roots Hall and getting it in the hands of the consortium, won't it? Until RH changes hands, we will still be under some form of the Martins' grip as our landlords.

Or have I got that wrong?

I guess we will find out very soon what deal has been agreed and how well COSU have protected SUFC.

Its going to be good week if your a Shrimper......Have your pleasure button at the ready

I have no doubt that It will come out exactly what Ron and Jack have been up to regarding the sale of the club.

Both men are shameful business men of the highest degree, and both face severe legal consequences for their actions, of that I’m certain!

They have never once had the clubs best interests at heart, it’s always been about them and who they can screw over the most to make the maximum amount of money for their family.

I think you’ll find Karma will definitely hit the Martin’s, soon enough!!
Whilst I hope the Martin's get what they deserve, we kind of still need them around for COSU to fully own the club and stadium. If they get banged up soon, surely that hinders COSU getting the stadium. That £18m of debt will still be attached to Roots Hall. Them getting punished doesn't help us get rid of them unfortunately

i expect this week the deal to be finalised , season tickets to go on sale and at least two signings for Maher and co to bed in .

Think a nice break from SZ until its announced would do you well. Be positive. Every sound coming out from CP, ITKs etc are all positive. The embargo is cleared. Stop worrying!
That is all correct. The deal is done and agreed between The Martin's, The Council and COSU. It's in the lawyers hands to get it over the line. The only thing that can stop it is if The Martin's instruct their lawyers otherwise. This last bit is the only worrying bit, making it not done until it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back