• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I hope the Martin's get what they deserve, we kind of still need them around for COSU to fully own the club and stadium. If they get banged up soon, surely that hinders COSU getting the stadium. That £18m of debt will still be attached to Roots Hall. Them getting punished doesn't help us get rid of them unfortunately
Unfortunately its in everyone's interest the wider project gets delivered on- appropriate housing for SCC, COSU to get RH and the £12m etc. So to put understandable dislike (mildly put) of the Martins ahead of these things happening might feel right emotionally but not in terms of real outcomes..

I have no idea what they may or may not have done. However, I remember when not so long ago Ron was charged with VAT fraud- that went from open and shut case to the discovery that there was absolutely no evidence and the judge saying case should never have been brought.

As Rigsby says will be interesting to see what the sale of the club to COSU means for a level of certainty re RH given the stadium needs significant investment

Unfortunately its in everyone's interest the wider project gets delivered on- appropriate housing for SCC, COSU to get RH and the £12m etc. So to put understandable dislike (mildly put) of the Martins ahead of these things happening might feel right emotionally but not in terms of real outcomes..

I have no idea what they may or may not have done. However, I remember when not so long ago Ron was charged with VAT fraud- that went from open and shut case to the discovery that there was absolutely no evidence and the judge saying case should never have been brought.

As Rigsby says will be interesting to see what the sale of the club to COSU means for a level of certainty re RH given the stadium needs significant investment
I was told that dealing with Roots Hall will be tackled by the consortium once they finally own the club. There's also many ways that us fans can help, regarding hands on deck, supplies, donations, fund raisers, etc.

It's possible. I can't say for sure, as I don't know how the weekend went, or whether anybody was instructed to work on it over the weekend. I'm hopeful for this week though, but we'll see.
Personally it would make most sense to do it before or on Wednesday with the NL fixture release… then we can release season ticket news etc

I was told that dealing with Roots Hall will be tackled by the consortium once they finally own the club. There's also many ways that us fans can help, regarding hands on deck, supplies, donations, fund raisers, etc.
Agreed- but surely the level of investment the consortium can. or would be willing to make, will depend on the terms under which they acquire the club and prior to owning RH. In terms of major investment at least.

Regarding the deal closing it seems to me season tickets wont go on sale until it is closed and we a 4 weeks or so from the season starting?

This is nothing like the VAT fraud case previously.

The best lawyers in the land would struggle to get the Martin’s out of this one.

Do you have a link to that?

I can’t find any reported comments from the judge suggesting that.

When looking I did find comments saying that

In light of the charges against Mr Martin, Homes England said the funding would be “subject to detailed Those words are banned”.

I hope so mate. I think the lawyers have been working over the weekend.

If it's not today then, as other posters have mentioned, it is likely to be a matter of when, not if.

The league want to know that we are going to be able to compete next season and not fold. If we are on the fixture list on Wednesday, that is a massive hurdle cleared in that regard. Hopefully there will be an announcement before that.

I hope so mate. I think the lawyers have been working over the weekend.

If it's not today then, as other posters have mentioned, it is likely to be a matter of when, not if.

The league want to know that we are going to be able to compete next season and not fold. If we are on the fixture list on Wednesday, that is a massive hurdle cleared in that regard. Hopefully there will be an announcement before that.
@Medway Blue said bond wasn’t an issue now so why wouldn’t we be included if they are satisfied progress has been made? Are we worried they aren’t telling us the truth or that they are just untrustworthy when it comes to SUFC? Obviously the news they were sounding out Boringwood to replace us would definitely give us the jitters I’m sure.

It does seem to be dragging on and on and on and on. Yet another most important week in our history.
As an independent fan with no affiliation to the 'in the know' accounts, I do find it quite strange on this occasion, why the official voice of the supports the 'Shrimpers Trust' haven't been updating members, and non members in helping to pacify through this very very troubling of times. I appreciate they do a lot of good work, however I am puzzled, I would have thought communication during the last however long would have been paramount? I assume there are member of the board that post on this site? As you can possibly tell, I am quite agitated about the ongoing saga to my club, and find the trust to be the most calming when they do post..

no, you are right, the common theme was possibly Friday 'its done' moved to hmmm maybe friday but more like monday, to now hopefully this week ..
I think it’s matter of when not if now, with the embargo being lifted that shows that national league are satisfied that it will get done, and it’s not like them to give us any leeway they wouldn’t have lifted the embargo if it was still up in the air.

Do you have a link to that?

I can’t find any reported comments from the judge suggesting that.

When looking I did find comments saying that
You will recall the judge ruled the prosecution failed to meet the first limb of the Galbraith test

In summary that means that there was no evidence that a crime had been committed (as opposed to the second limb being that there is some evidence before the court, but it is tenuous or inconsistent in nature).

Which in my book equates to the judge ruling it was a case that should never have been brought. Generally bringing cases with no evidence is understandably frowned upon. Anyhow lets not have a debate about this- it was done to death at the time. And its history.

The last 5 years have been miserable for the club and it's fans.

We are all just desperate for the start of the renaissance and finally looking forward to football without other stresses.

Other clubs have been through similar but our story felt like death by a thousand cuts rather than at the hands of guillotine.

Fingers crossed for today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back