• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, until the deal is done, there should always be an element of concern.
Agreed.
I used to work at a large American investment bank. Very long story cut short.
My boss went to the offices of one of our agents to sign a multiple million pound contract. When he was there in the board room with literally the pen in his hand he got a phone call from the chairman to say ‘walk away’.
If the call had come 30 seconds later the deal would have been done.

I mean in all fairness, the previous deal would have already gone through hadn't it been for Tony Cox being rather awful at his job, so I see no reason that this won't go through

I mean in all fairness, the previous deal would have already gone through hadn't it been for Tony Cox being rather awful at his job, so I see no reason that this won't go through
There's a reasonable argument to say that the local election results tracked the political polling on national issues rather than anything the local Tory party cllrs had done.

Cllr Cowan & officers have agreed what is understood to be a viable deal (outright) and a better deal for Southend.

According to one headline this morning, green belt land is now going to be allowed to be developed under Labour. I wonder if that either had or will have any bearing on anything to do with the deal?

According to one headline this morning, green belt land is now going to be allowed to be developed under Labour. I wonder if that either had or will have any bearing on anything to do with the deal?
Can just imagine the Martins stopping their lawyers going over the takeover deal and firing off messages to the council and COSU asking, in light of Labour's green belt stance, to start all negotiations again.

@tommy tucker I'm kidding... kind of.

You only have to look around and see that green belt isn't as protected as many think and hasn't been for sometime. I haven't seen the labour proposal but I guess it's a further weakening.

Not all of FF is green belt. Might help us with the training ground though!

FORMER Southend United goalkeeper Darryl Flahavan is desperate for the biggest save in the club’s history to be completed.

The consortium headed up by Justin Rees are close to officially taking charge of the Shrimpers after months of extreme uncertainty surrounding the club’s future.

And Flahavan cannot wait to see Blues in safe hands.

“It’s been so sad and such a shame to see for a while now,” said Flahavan.

“Coming into the club a long time ago we worked so hard to build them up and get into the Championship.

“To see it drop the way it has hit all of us hard.

“You just hope the people coming into the club can save it and can get it back to where it belongs.

“We’re all hoping something can happen and it’s great Kevin Maher is there.

“I know all the staff behind the scenes work so incredibly hard but they need help off the pitch.”

Lawyers are continuing to make their final checks after the consortium agreed terms with the Martin family.

And Flahavan hopes to see the Shrimpers getting back on track.

“I don’t know all the legalities but from a former player and someone who has a attachment to the club I just hope whoever is there can see sense and pass it on so it’s in a position where it’s safe,” said Flahavan.

“The fans, the players and staff deserve a stable club who can kick on and progress to get back to their rightful place. “

Flahavan, who made 351 appearances for Blues, is now goalkeeping coach at Championship club Plymouth Argyle.

And he believes the Shrimpers could learn lessons from the Pilgrims.

“I know Plymouth had their problems a few years ago but now they work to a budget,” said Flahavan.

“They know if they can’t afford something they won’t pursue it.

“ It’s a sensible way of doing it because you do see a lot of clubs having financial issues nowadays unfortunately.

“This club won’t let that happen so you have to be smart and shrewd.

“It’s an example Southend can follow and it’s a definitely a model they can look at and emulate.”

I very much hope that Karma will triumph but only after the takeover is confirmed. I am sure the @ForeverBlue posts are genuine and hopefully the information he has will surface after the takeover and the Rat will get what he deserves..
I have no doubt that It will come out exactly what Ron and Jack have been up to regarding the sale of the club.

Both men are shameful business men of the highest degree, and both face severe legal consequences for their actions, of that I’m certain!

They have never once had the clubs best interests at heart, it’s always been about them and who they can screw over the most to make the maximum amount of money for their family.

I think you’ll find Karma will definitely hit the Martin’s, soon enough!!

I have no doubt that It will come out exactly what Ron and Jack have been up to regarding the sale of the club.

Both men are shameful business men of the highest degree, and both face severe legal consequences for their actions, of that I’m certain!

They have never once had the clubs best interests at heart, it’s always been about them and who they can screw over the most to make the maximum amount of money for their family.

I so hope this is true 🤞

Ron martins world has always been about him so I guess his son is exactly the same. There life revolves around making the next pound note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back