• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always going to be a site for private development by Ron.

Everyone. The council prefers low-rise family homes, COSU want to stay at RH, & Ron needs to deliver a project.

COSU’s plans for RH would be good for this part of the city which needs regeneration.

Under COSU, yes.

Covenants are a tricky legal area to comment on but we want to protect the club and the stadium

There’s lots of parking in easy walking plus lots of public transport routes. Prioritising parking for 23 match days a year isn’t the best use of time/resources/space. The council will allow building anywhere in line with planning law.

Makes no difference as it’s the council’s involvement. I kept all informed and Anna’s efforts were much appreciated.

There is no going back to the Cox plan because it failed DD.

There’s legal paperwork to sort. As COSU said, it’s not done until it’s done but it’s agreed.

@CllrDanielCowan Thank you Councillor for your answers and thank you for all you have done and overseen. I don't think your intervention can ever be underestimated.

Would dearly love to get a consortium statement Monday evening, saying we now have legal control of the club.
But reality tells me the rat will still be trying to control the sale at his speed. And he won’t be finished kicking the can down the road .
I really hope that I’m wrong.

Chris Phillips just posted this on Twitter: "In the never ending saga of Southend United's future, this is the most positive I have felt about it the whole time. Not completely out of the woods just yet but it's looking very good, at long last."
What does 'not completely out of the woods' refer to? Should we be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back