• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Currently 33 degrees in Murcia. Another hour round the pool and then off to a bar for the England game. Really hoping for some takeover news maybe Monday for full on celebration
Enjoy the Sun Jon, hopefully with a victory today and an even bigger victory on Monday, can’t ask for more than that to start your holiday off ah.

What's happened to Zone B? Is that going to be a large rectangular piece of waste land where the stadium would have stood?
Was always going to be a site for private development by Ron.
I wonder if Cllr Cowan might answer a few questions for me?

1. Originally FF was to be a stadium, hotel, retail park etc and then a stadium with housing and now just housing. Who does that suit the most?
Everyone. The council prefers low-rise family homes, COSU want to stay at RH, & Ron needs to deliver a project.
2. Do you, and the rest of the council, really want the football stadium to remain where it is in terms of location, aesthetics, infrastructure and traffic?
COSU’s plans for RH would be good for this part of the city which needs regeneration.
3. Do you believe, in looking after residents and the club, that RH is ever going to produce enough non-matchday revenue for it to be viable and that a new stadium and location would be better?
Under COSU, yes.
4. Will the council do all it can to protect the covenant and just what can the council do to protect the covenant?.
Covenants are a tricky legal area to comment on but we want to protect the club and the stadium
5. Match day parking is a nightmare now. Will the council allow building on the RH car park which will further complicate parking?
There’s lots of parking in easy walking plus lots of public transport routes. Prioritising parking for 23 match days a year isn’t the best use of time/resources/space. The council will allow building anywhere in line with planning law.
Will the change in MPs from Blue to Red help or hinder the deal. Shame on Anna Firth to lose her seat with her beng quite a vocal supporter of the club (Duddridge less than vocal in my opinion,)
Makes no difference as it’s the council’s involvement. I kept all informed and Anna’s efforts were much appreciated.
Without going down the politics road......Labour have said 40% of new builds should be affordable (usually meaning small one bedroom flats). So possible before ground is broken at FF they will be back towards the Cox rather than Cowan plan.
There is no going back to the Cox plan because it failed DD.
I thought the point of @CllrDanielCowan going up to London to have a drink with COSU was because a deal had been agreed?
There’s legal paperwork to sort. As COSU said, it’s not done until it’s done but it’s agreed.

Everyone. The council prefers low-rise family homes, COSU want to stay at RH, & Ron needs to deliver a project.

COSU’s plans for RH would be good for this part of the city which needs regeneration.

Under COSU, yes.

Covenants are a tricky legal area to comment on but we want to protect the club and the stadium

There’s lots of parking in easy walking plus lots of public transport routes. Prioritising parking for 23 match days a year isn’t the best use of time/resources/space. The council will allow building anywhere in line with planning law.

Makes no difference as it’s the council’s involvement. I kept all informed and Anna’s efforts were much appreciated.

There’s legal paperwork to sort. As COSU said, it’s not done until it’s done but it’s agreed.
Now for the really difficult question Daniel, are you coming down to Roots Hall this season as a supporter?

Under COSU, yes.

Thank you Mr Cowan. Appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions. Been quite a week for you I would think.

Back