• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Was it successfully appealed?
So it was appealed to give us more time to conclude things.

After various flurries of activity back and forth, the NL have obviously been provided with enough evidence to suggest the sale is imminent, which means that the Bond would not be needed and we are out of the embargo.

As far as the NL are concerned I believe there are no more deadlines and we can press on now with preparation for the new season, hopefully strengthening the squad and announcing the season ticket prices.

After various flurries of activity back and forth, the NL have obviously been provided with enough evidence to suggest the sale is imminent, which means that the Bond would not be needed and we are out of the embargo.

As far as the NL are concerned I believe there are no more deadlines and we can press on now with preparation for the new season, hopefully strengthening the squad and announcing the season ticket prices.
Which makes me think the Bond was another lever to get the Rat out.

It's a lovely bright morning up here in Northumbria on the coast in the Borders, hollibobs for a fortnight, but a wonderful day for an announcement maybe?
Currently 76* overcast and murky here in NY ( it rained overnight ), but brightening and warming up later. An announcement would be great before I fly back on Mon.

Which makes me think the Bond was another lever to get the Rat out.
Snowy, you could be right. After all, RM has retained ownership of the club without meeting his financial obligations as owner for at least six months and the National League's demand for a one million bond probably helped create a situation in which RM found difficult to resist COSU's demand to takeover the club to save it, especially as Daniel Cowan said if COSU pulled out SCC would follow suit and therefore RM would be left in an untenable position.

This bit is good news - I look forward at some future point to hearing about the behind the scene discussions that led up to the bond demand being made.

Back