• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

There is effectively no deadline now as the NL are off our back, so there is no real urgency other than for our sakes. JR and the lads want to do right by the fans, so I think they will announce sooner rather than later. If I hear anything concrete, will let you know. But I am not even vaguely worried that this will collapse now.
Printing and framing this.

F*****g glorious.

That would be a terrible time for an announcement. Tomorrow morning would be ok, as long as they had ducks lined up. Maybe the Shrimpers bar opened for England game, etc. They will know the fans will want to celebrate this. Announcing it at 10pm, aside from the fact that the club's hard working staff might want a weekend, is not ideal.

IF things have gone well (and with respect to the ITKs we have no concrete sources saying they have) then Monday would seem ideal.
Would it not just be a case of sending a tweet - would think they don't need to call anyone in to do that?

Why would the embargo be lifted if it ain’t done and we haven’t paid the 1 million it’s done
Because the two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying it's going to ****, or it's miles and miles away, but it isn't "done". Not quite.

Absolutely not wanting to **** on any fires, but also don't want people hanging and refreshing as if it's super imminent.

Why would the embargo be lifted if it ain’t done and we haven’t paid the 1 million it’s done
Is the bond 100% related to the embargo? Cause imo the embargo was lifted due to the WUP. Could it still be possible that the embargo is lifted but the bond is still required (in case the takeover isnt officially completed)

Is the bond 100% related to the embargo? Cause imo the embargo was lifted due to the WUP. Could it still be possible that the embargo is lifted but the bond is still required (in case the takeover isnt officially completed)
The Embargo would have been removed before today if it wasn’t related to the bond… I think the NL are happy that the deal will be done so have removed the embargo. I’m guessing it’s the very last few bits to go and then it’s done… so hopefully early next week at the latest for an announcement

Because the two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying it's going to ****, or it's miles and miles away, but it isn't "done". Not quite.

Absolutely not wanting to **** on any fires, but also don't want people hanging and refreshing as if it's super imminent.
In your opinion when do you think it will be completed and announced?

Yes, the bond was related to the embargo. It is no longer required. Medway is correct that there are still some legal formalities, but to all intents and purposes, the deal is done. You think the NL would give us the benefit of any doubt?

Yes, the bond was related to the embargo. It is no longer required. Medway is correct that there are still some legal formalities, but to all intents and purposes, the deal is done. You think the NL would give us the benefit of any doubt?

No - but equally you're saying they have. Deal is 99% done not 100% is what I'm reading from yourself and Medway.

Makes sense, hard to believe that something is going our way..

Back