• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be announced tonight
As it gets later, I think you are probably right. Chatting with @Medway Blue and he agrees an announcement is coming but thinks it may take longer. Either way, the deal is done, the embargo is lifted and it’s time to prepare for the massacre of the rest of the National League teams. Acknowledge us.

i think we still can have a 10k capacity. I had a look at the ground for the charity friendly around a month ago. its only in block Y where theres broken seats. The capacity of the ground is probably still around 11,500 as they can use that part for segrigation.

Normally its the council that sets the limit on games which imo is stupid. If the ground can hold it then use it. Also know theres complications with the safety certificate atm but not actually sure what those are. Im hopeful getting the screen in like they discussed at the Condortium event and getting the ground up to capacity are high up on the Consortiums list. Will have to wait and see.
Not just about seats. The roof is unsafe so needs sorting first

As it gets later, I think you are probably right. Chatting with @Medway Blue and he agrees an announcement is coming but thinks it may take longer. Either way, the deal is done, the embargo is lifted and it’s time to prepare for the massacre of the rest of the National League teams. Acknowledge us.
Would they announce over the weekend or wait until Monday you think?

Would they announce over the weekend or wait until Monday you think?
There is effectively no deadline now as the NL are off our back, so there is no real urgency other than for our sakes. JR and the lads want to do right by the fans, so I think they will announce sooner rather than later. If I hear anything concrete, will let you know. But I am not even vaguely worried that this will collapse now.

Does anyone think that it may be announced during half time Portugal vs France/after the game?
That would be a terrible time for an announcement. Tomorrow morning would be ok, as long as they had ducks lined up. Maybe the Shrimpers bar opened for England game, etc. They will know the fans will want to celebrate this. Announcing it at 10pm, aside from the fact that the club's hard working staff might want a weekend, is not ideal.

IF things have gone well (and with respect to the ITKs we have no concrete sources saying they have) then Monday would seem ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back