• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

I'd imagine a fair few of our fans will be grateful for the exposure she gave of our plight. With attitudes such as yours, you'd wonder why any political figure would bother trying to help us.

I don't care whether she had other motives / was or wasn't a real fan. What she did, did no harm in our hour of need.

Btw, I have no political allegiance.
Whatever people’s thoughts are on Anna Firth she certainly wasn’t looking for a photo opportunity when she helped with the Sunday Roots Hall clean how many on here were there cleaning toilets and picking up other S..t . And like most people there she could not believe the state and mess Ron had let the ground fall into,

Its a basic law of business (well certainly as far as I am concerned) you never, ever set a deadline that is also the same as a drop-dead date/related deadline. Never. If the NL deadline is Monday then the "internal' deadline is, of course, today latest.

That said it seems there is a rule as far as SUFC is concerned that everything has to be last minute- I sincerely hope this habit is dispensed with going forward under new ownership. Sure it will be given they are all successful business people.

They have sunk £3.5m into SUFC so far without owning anything. Without them we would have never finished last season.

Im sure they wish to move on to being pro active rather than saving us several times at the last minute. Hope we can all give them at least 12 months before we are "underwhelmed' with the latest signing or quality of the onions.

They have sunk £3.5m into SUFC so far without owning anything. Without them we would have never finished last season.

Im sure they wish to move on to being pro active rather than saving us several times at the last minute. Hope we can all give them at least 12 months before we are "underwhelmed' with the latest signing or quality of the onions.
Quite- and by the way, for the avoidance of doubt, my comment was not a criticism at this point as they are dealing with Ron. Rather once we are Ron-free and they are in charge.

This only really works if Piley's job is posting on the Zone, which I doubt is the case.
Yes fully appreciate that, but the context was used with a very subtle (or not so subtle) nod to the fact that there hasn't been much happening over the last 18 months to warrant the time or inclination to post............until today that is.

Back