• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Still no announcement.

We’re now at the stage where if everything was just procedural we should have been in a position to have completed by now.

The things that you may have held up announcing for that were non-deal related such as season ticket announcements, press releases etc there will have had enough time since Monday to have teed up ready to hit publish. You wouldn’t plan to announce this evening as it goes up against Spain v Germany and France v Portugal and you’d lose the impact of your announcement (and your season ticket sales). You wouldn’t plan for Saturday as that’s the England game and Sunday no doubt the aftermath.

That means things must still be being negotiated.

That’s not altogether a surprise as Monday’s announcement had a touch of being about appeasing the NL.

Does anyone have any inside info on what issues (as opposed to who is the issue, which I think we can all guess) are causing the hold up?

Still no announcement.

We’re now at the stage where if everything was just procedural we should have been in a position to have completed by now.

The things that you may have held up announcing for that were non-deal related such as season ticket announcements, press releases etc there will have had enough time since Monday to have teed up ready to hit publish. You wouldn’t plan to announce this evening as it goes up against Spain v Germany and France v Portugal and you’d lose the impact of your announcement (and your season ticket sales). You wouldn’t plan for Saturday as that’s the England game and Sunday no doubt the aftermath.

That’s not altogether a surprise as Monday’s announcement had a touch of being about appeasing the NL.

Does anyone have any inside info on what issues (as opposed to who is the issue, which I think we can all guess) are causing the hold up?

Surely everything is agreed now? If not I think we’re pretty ****ed if we need to get it all signed off and completed by Monday.

Surely everything is agreed now? If not I think we’re pretty ****ed if we need to get it all signed off and completed by Monday.
I think it is a fair assumption that if everything had been agreed it would have been announced by now.

(For context I was saying it wouldn’t complete last Monday as they’d need more time to dot the i’s and cross the t’s)

That doesn’t automatically mean the deal is at risk or it can’t be finalised by Monday.

Still no announcement.

Have you got any news to back up this theory, or just scaremongering, like many others on here?

I think it is a fair assumption that if everything had been agreed it would have been announced by now.

(For context I was saying it wouldn’t complete last Monday as they’d need more time to dot the i’s and cross the t’s)

That doesn’t automatically mean the deal is at risk or it can’t be finalised by Monday.
I thought the point of @CllrDanielCowan going up to London to have a drink with COSU was because a deal had been agreed?

Have you got any news to back up this theory, or just scaremongering, like many others on here?
I’m basing this off of my experience of deals I’ve worked on.

I thought the point of @CllrDanielCowan going up to London to have a drink with COSU was because a deal had been agreed?

The outlines of a deal was struck but the devil is in the detail and there was (is?) still detail to be worked out.

I’m basing this off of my experience of deals I’ve worked on.

The outlines of a deal was struck but the devil is in the detail and there was (is?) still detail to be worked out.
I agree, I sold a secondhand lawnmower on eBay and whilst the initial process was a bit tricky it got a lot worse when I had to get paid and ship the mower, so I guess I experienced exactly the same scenario as the consortium. So I’m positive that the purchase of a football club along with the intertwined companies, land, loans and property deals is the same and we should expect a slightly longer wait.

Both seem confident it's just a matter of time (think Chief said Monday more likely than today), but people are missing that it's the Martins involved here so nothing is set in stone til it's fully over the line. Maybe we should switch off this weekend and enjoy the great weather and the England match - oh hang on .....
Great weather ☔⛈️ in Devon 😡

Back