• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

We all know Ron will take his time with signing anything legally

He'll want to have a "final read through" more than once, get further opinions from his buddies and then get cold feet once he sees it written on paper.

Ron is the man at a boot sale who asks for £1, but when you to hand it to him he ups the price
Knowing Ron he has not paid the lawyers that would be the next hold up

Isn't Monday the deadline by the national league?

Cutting it a bit fine
Its a basic law of business (well certainly as far as I am concerned) you never, ever set a deadline that is also the same as a drop-dead date/related deadline. Never. If the NL deadline is Monday then the "internal' deadline is, of course, today latest.

That said it seems there is a rule as far as SUFC is concerned that everything has to be last minute- I sincerely hope this habit is dispensed with going forward under new ownership. Sure it will be given they are all successful business people.

I think @CllrDanielCowan will be back on the beers tonight after the results for both Southend seats.

Will the change in MPs from Blue to Red help or hinder the deal. Shame on Anna Firth to lose her seat with her beng quite a vocal supporter of the club (Duddridge less than vocal in my opinion,)

So congratulations to David Burton-Sampson and Bayo Alaba. Hope to see then continuing to champion the cause of Southend United during their terms in office.

Slightly political so I do hope the mods don't remove as I would like to know if the change in party could affect the deal long term with the transfer of assets to POSU once the planning is all agreed.
Had a few exchanges with David Burton-Sampson. He was focussed on our plight and I know in regular contact about this with Cllr Cowan. He also met with ST I think. As with AF I think he will be positively engaged- and it's probably not a bad thing regarding influence and engagement that he has the same colour rosette as the council leader.

Without going down the politics road......Labour have said 40% of new builds should be affordable (usually meaning small one bedroom flats). So possible before ground is broken at FF they will be back towards the Cox rather than Cowan plan.

Either way there is never large development that doesn't change at some stage. The Garrison, Gas works and Seaway car park are a few recent and local examples. Thats why it was inevitable that the Ron RH for £1 and the £20m deal was always going to change.

Hopefully not long before the highly paid legal guys stop dragging out minor points, as they always do.....At your expense. Then the deal will be completed.
I think this is reflected in all likelihood. It would be lovely if "affordable" had meaning along the lines you mention. There is a quite decent development near me of 2,3 and 4 bedroom houses with a quota of affordable housing. Was keeping an eye on it for one of my children- prices from £429k...that's "affordable" apparently....

So if its "affordable" in terms of the current criteria I doubt there will be any issues at all.

I still get the feeling Ron & co will still be around for sometime

Yes - I have that same feeling.

On a more positive tone, I can see that their influence & relevance will gradually diminish over time as (hopefully) the club makes progress but they will still be there in the background.

Just my thoughts. Nothing concrete. No inside knowledge.

I think @CllrDanielCowan will be back on the beers tonight after the results for both Southend seats.

Will the change in MPs from Blue to Red help or hinder the deal. Shame on Anna Firth to lose her seat with her beng quite a vocal supporter of the club (Duddridge less than vocal in my opinion,)

So congratulations to David Burton-Sampson and Bayo Alaba. Hope to see then continuing to champion the cause of Southend United during their terms in office.

Slightly political so I do hope the mods don't remove as I would like to know if the change in party could affect the deal long term with the transfer of assets to POSU once the planning is all agreed.
I'd imagine that ever present blue and white scarf of hers is already in the bin! Unlikely to ever see that "loyal supporter" again in RH!

I'd imagine that ever present blue and white scarf of hers is already in the bin! Unlikely to ever see that "loyal supporter" again in RH!
I'd imagine a fair few of our fans will be grateful for the exposure she gave of our plight. With attitudes such as yours, you'd wonder why any political figure would bother trying to help us.

I don't care whether she had other motives / was or wasn't a real fan. What she did, did no harm in our hour of need.

Btw, I have no political allegiance.

Back