• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

In the Echo today it says that, under the new deal, the number of properties at FF will drop from 1,258 to between 800 and 850. What were to be 7 - 8 storeys will now be 3 - 4 and will be a low rise family home model. Quite a reduction in numbers.

I know it a waiting game .But ive got no finger nails left to chew . Im now on my toe nails iI just hope we are on the final hurdle And the club can finaly move on from the dark years .Its going to take time to bed the new owners in .So i hope some will give the new owners plent of time As its said Rome was not built in a day .And its going to take many days and months to right all whats wrong with thge club .

Up in Sheffield this weekend seeing family, will have to have a pint of celebration there, will be sure to remind any Blades fans of our 3-0 demolition of them during the better times

I know it a waiting game .But ive got no finger nails left to chew . Im now on my toe nails iI just hope we are on the final hurdle And the club can finaly move on from the dark years .Its going to take time to bed the new owners in .So i hope some will give the new owners plent of time As its said Rome was not built in a day .And its going to take many days and months to right all whats wrong with thge club .
Tommy come on mate, I was having breakfast.

In the Echo today it says that, under the new deal, the number of properties at FF will drop from 1,258 to between 800 and 850. What were to be 7 - 8 storeys will now be 3 - 4 and will be a low rise family home model. Quite a reduction in numbers.

which would explain why the £20 million has been renegotiated down to £12 million (allegedly)

Up in Sheffield this weekend seeing family, will have to have a pint of celebration there, will be sure to remind any Blades fans of our 3-0 demolition of them during the better times
Which happened to be one of their lowest points. Bottom of the table and beaten 3-0 at home by Southend.

I remember seeing home fans leaving before H?T, allegedly an angry Blade threw his season ticket on the pitch. They went on to win the title. Good example of why they give out medals in May and not September. Hope our fans remember that over the next couple of tricky months.

which would explain why the £20 million has been renegotiated down to £12 million (allegedly)

Correct. I have know doubt even without further changes of national and local government the plan will be 'revised'. SUFC being independent of that scheme was vital and not sure why that wasn't the plan from the word go.

I think talk of number of properties can be misleading if it’s changing from if it’s changing from flats to family houses.

A 3 bedroom family home is worth considerably more than a 1 bedroom flat.

The reduction in storeys is probably more significant as an indicator.

Seems a good deal for Ron if his contribution has been reduced by the same percentage as the number of dwellings but those dwellings are more expensive.

I'm guessing that it's aesthetically easier to build higher when you surround a massive stadium than when don't.

Am I missing something:

"The number of homes in “Zone A” has been slashed to roughly 500 properties, while “Zone C” will be made up of 315 properties."

What's happened to Zone B? Is that going to be a large rectangular piece of waste land where the stadium would have stood?

Half asleep and hoping for some better news today. The Mrs got up at 5am to go off and with two others set up a polling station ! from 6 am

Long day for her , cant start closing up station til after 10pm tonight , so effectively a 20 hour day on the go, you got to admire folks who do this. I did go and vote elsewhere at a Golf club, and met 3 more miserable looking regulators and a bloke dropping in checking that no fraudulent stuff detected.

I will be more knackered though checking in here very 5 minutes ! whilst also forced to stare a lot at the telebox !, in a practiced reposed position that takes skill to adopt

Which would explain why the £20 million has been renegotiated down to £12 million (allegedly)
Also explains why money man Jason is back in town as that reduction (if true) & probable re-phasing of it's inflow must be causing a restructure of the way COSU are financing & what they can fund.

SCC playing hardball with the Rats have effectively cost us money, if we actually believed they would pay up in the 1st place. However, their priority is the residents of Southend & not the fans of SUFC.

Back