• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

You'd think it would be a good earner for the school but didn't the club sell season tickets for the school? Perhaps they delayed handing over the season ticket money to the school. Also what happened to the parking in West borough Primary School? Why did that stop ?

Personally, i would not mind building on some of the Car Parking area at Rootshall,

But only, if it was part of the Club / ground, i.e. Club offices, a Fixed Fan Zone, a Building that could be used to benefit the club outside of match days.

Personally i do not think the parking around Rootshall is that bad, compared to some away grounds we go to, with no residential parking around the ground makes parking troublesome.

But equally we do require parking spaces for those persons that require them the most, persons that are in need of them the most, and not just for parking your Rat infested Bentley within.
Wonder if they could do a double storey car park (charge £5 to park there and use on non match day too for commuters making important non matchday income) with food/fan zone area on top with a walkway over to the stadium. Also saves some parking issues around the area too.

we are lucky to have a city-centre location which is extremely well supported by good public transport.

Personally I think it's shortsighted to be focusing too much on the RH site providing car parking which will generate minimal income. We should provide very restricted on site parking for those with accessibility needs, sort out a deal with SHSB to use their car parking mainly for away fans (and maybe a season ticket car parking scheme for those who genuinely want to drive), and then really promoting and encouraging fans to use public transport and use the onsite and local eating and drinking facilities.

Hearing it’s a slow day of negotiations today because Ron has been at the polling station for 7 hours as he can’t make his mind up on his vote
I heard he voted first thing this morning, but he was there with a knife trying to get his ballot paper back as he'd changed his mind.

Mind you he had a plank across his back to stop him falling into the ballot box!

Hearing it’s a slow day of negotiations today because Ron has been at the polling station for 7 hours as he can’t make his mind up on his vote
Don't think he needed time to make up his mind. From what I heard he thought, because he was Ron Martin, that he was entitled to vote a thousand times. The seven hours was the time it took to reduce his demands down from 1K to 500.......to 200.......to100......to 50. It was at that point the polling clerk reiterated that he only had one vote, who ever he was and if he didn't exercise that right immediately, they would call the police to remove him. He voted and left muttering threats under his breath.

we are lucky to have a city-centre location which is extremely well supported by good public transport.

Personally I think it's shortsighted to be focusing too much on the RH site providing car parking which will generate minimal income. We should provide very restricted on site parking for those with accessibility needs, sort out a deal with SHSB to use their car parking mainly for away fans (and maybe a season ticket car parking scheme for those who genuinely want to drive), and then really promoting and encouraging fans to use public transport and use the onsite and local eating and drinking facilities.
That's all well saying that but someone who used to sit near us in the East couldn't do night games as the buses didn't run late enough.

Absolutely agree !

Back