• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Also explains why money man Jason is back in town as that reduction (if true) & probable re-phasing of it's inflow must be causing a restructure of the way COSU are financing & what they can fund.

SCC playing hardball with the Rats have effectively cost us money, if we actually believed they would pay up in the 1st place. However, their priority is the residents of Southend & not the fans of SUFC.

@Hooly I don't think they had any choice what with deadlines to meet, Bonds to pay, and the beginning of the Football Season looming. Anyway, I very much doubt the 'hardball' was introduced without consultation with COSU.

In the Echo today it says that, under the new deal, the number of properties at FF will drop from 1,258 to between 800 and 850. What were to be 7 - 8 storeys will now be 3 - 4 and will be a low rise family home model. Quite a reduction in numbers.

Although the change towards family homes will also likely make the average value and rent profile different so not probably a pro-rata reduction in revenues.

@Hooly I don't think they had any choice what with deadlines to meet, Bonds to pay, and the beginning of the Football Season looming. Anyway, I very much doubt the 'hardball' was introduced without consultation with COSU.
Agreed @Crowstone Crevette that was just really the factual effect. I didn't mean any criticism which is why I said about SCC needing to prioritise their residents. I'm sure COSU & LoC were aligned in their approach.

The timing by NL of the bond is probably the real sh*tter in terms of the rush to complete. But if he's getting less units I wouldn't really expect Ratface to pay the same value as originally suggested. It's just a flow down from the amended plans but if they weren't right for Southend then SCC couldn't pass them just because of SUFC.

ssable friday Today is taken up with somthing called a election So maybe friday will be the date set Well i really hope so .We really dont want is draged out like the contact exchange of december .
I'm holding out a sliver of hope for today. I don't see why the elections should make too much difference. This deal is between non-political entities, so, besides a quick trip to a polling station, there shouldn't be much disruption.

Having said all the above... it probably won't be today due to lawyers and the Martins.

Last edited:
I'm encouraged by the fact that's it's been about 36 hours since someone muttered about the goalposts being moved...
But are they the plastic wheely ones used for the pre-match warm up or the permanent goal mouth ones? 🤔🤔

Not that I have a clue what that difference could mean!! 🤣

Reactions: fbm
Which happened to be one of their lowest points. Bottom of the table and beaten 3-0 at home by Southend.

I remember seeing home fans leaving before H?T, allegedly an angry Blade threw his season ticket on the pitch. They went on to win the title. Good example of why they give out medals in May and not September. Hope our fans remember that over the next couple of tricky months.
U’r right ,Seso was thrown on the pitch !

I wonder if Cllr Cowan might answer a few questions for me?

1. Originally FF was to be a stadium, hotel, retail park etc and then a stadium with housing and now just housing. Who does that suit the most?

2. Do you, and the rest of the council, really want the football stadium to remain where it is in terms of location, aesthetics, infrastructure and traffic?

3. Do you believe, in looking after residents and the club, that RH is ever going to produce enough non-matchday revenue for it to be viable and that a new stadium and location would be better?

4. Will the council do all it can to protect the covenant and just what can the council do to protect the covenant?.

5. Match day parking is a nightmare now. Will the council allow building on the RH car park which will further complicate parking?

Which happened to be one of their lowest points. Bottom of the table and beaten 3-0 at home by Southend.

I remember seeing home fans leaving before H?T, allegedly an angry Blade threw his season ticket on the pitch. They went on to win the title. Good example of why they give out medals in May and not September. Hope our fans remember that over the next couple of tricky months.
Did we.not win 4-2 away? Back in 80s so a.bit.foggy on this

4. Will the council do all it can to protect the covenant and just what can the council do to protect the covenant?.

5. Match day parking is a nightmare now. Will the council allow building on the RH car park which will further complicate parking?

Personally, i would not mind building on some of the Car Parking area at Rootshall,

But only, if it was part of the Club / ground, i.e. Club offices, a Fixed Fan Zone, a Building that could be used to benefit the club outside of match days.

Personally i do not think the parking around Rootshall is that bad, compared to some away grounds we go to, with no residential parking around the ground makes parking troublesome.

But equally we do require parking spaces for those persons that require them the most, persons that are in need of them the most, and not just for parking your Rat infested Bentley within.

I wonder if Cllr Cowan might answer a few questions for me?

1. Originally FF was to be a stadium, hotel, retail park etc and then a stadium with housing and now just housing. Who does that suit the most?
As the council did everything they could to stop the original plans I imagine they are quite pleased to be getting some free housing.

I always park in Priory park, get there an hour before kick off never a problem. I very much doubt there will be any development of Roots Hall than what exists for the foreseeable, we need to stabilise what we have and build a future proof achievable sustainable scheme where we can slowly grow into a League club again. Lets get the sale completed first and worry about aesthetics later.

Maybe Southend High School will offer parking again. Did that end due to the Ron factor ... ie not paying?
Was surprised when they stopped offering this, surely a win win for all involved - school simply opens the gate, pockets £5 a car (probably more with inflation now) and only has to pay a couple of parking assistants a few quid each, fans get cheap and handy parking for the stadium....whatever needs to happen to bring this back should be high on the agenda.

I personally never have any issues parking near the stadium but I am always conscious I'm parking in residential and would pay happily £5 a game to save my conscience, and the assurance I'm going to find a handy space all the way up to KO.

Back