• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @CllrDanielCowan for your input to this site & the information stream you are posting elsewhere.

As a pessimist & like many I see this as possibly the final act of a Shakespeare-like tragedy "Roneo & Justiet". Your messages do at least show that there is "something" going on whereas in the past we have had full news blackout suggesting "Something is Rotten in the State of The Shrimpers". It may all come to nothing but I, for one, am grateful that you have engaged as far as you feel you can.
Hi Hooly, Nice to see your name in pe- season ( we all hope!) For others here on SZ , Hooley and I travel together from Maldon to watch and support the mighty Shrimpers with Pride and Passion.
I have not put too much comment on this thread because I am mentally sick and tired of it all, drained ,and worried for what tomorrow will bring.
Hoping to get rid of you know who forever tomorrow, to put an end to all of our Misery.

Last edited:
171 pages in and there doesn't appear to be end...... Currently we are still owned by the rats with a winding up order marked as final with the council appearing to try and negotiate a deal going forward but that doesn’t appear to be moving that quickly. I guess the 1 positive I can pick out is the council last week put an ultimatum to the rats to take it or leave it. I hope they stick to what they outlined. This sorry saga has gone on far to long now and has to end soon! Whether it's good or bad news there needs to be end to this madness. We can't continue to go on living on life support machine month after month, we been doing that for years and look where it got us to...... national League football with the tag as worse run club in England. Just give me normal club who back in the EFL, moaning about how crap the left back is. instead I get slummy property developer who never actually developed anything and living off pipe dream wanting to become some sorter property tycoon millionaire when in reality his days are numbered in today's world. Jeez its hard to support lower league club ain't it.

I’ve got a gut feeling you’ll be ok, the outward signs are all mixed messages but under the surface the water must be churning with all the activity.
As a fellow lower league supporter it’s actually vital you stay with us, there is no fortune to be made owning a team at this level, far from it, fortunes can easily be diminished or lost and I think every club is one bad business deal by the owner away from being in financial difficulty and there is real danger of a domino effect of clubs following similar paths.
Going to be a hard 2 days but stay strong guys

In the spirit of 'Musical' interpretation let's hope for :

The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow there'll be sun
Just thinking about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs, and the sorrow 'til there's none

Attachments

• stage-to-stream-annie.png
    stage-to-stream-annie.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 2
There are only a handful of people that actually know what is going on fully and sadly most of us don't, so, we are reliant on some people that do have some information in the hope they will share with us and then it turns into Chinese whispers and before we know it the truth is extended and all kinds are going on.

I really do not have a clue how this is going to all work out and I am normally a half glass full person but, like most see tomorrow as deadline day.
I think as a group we need to be together and support each other and let’s all hope for the best possible outcome for the club but I just wish someone would put us out of our misery and make a decision once and for all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back