• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on holiday for a week and decided to take a complete break from Shrimperzone whilst out in Menorca.

Could anyone provide a link to a post explaining the current position we are in other than up a creek with no paddle.

I did read on the BBC that Southend Council had issued a deadline if the 21st?? to the Martins to agree to new terms to make it financially viable otherwise they could not recommend the deal in its current form as its failed Those words are banned.

Is this just a deadline for the Martins to agree to change some of the flats into houses which I think Ron agreed to do at the protest / on an update from the new leader?

Genuine ask as I’ve not seen anything from him, is Stan still fighting your corner? Last time the proverbial nearly hit the fan I remember he was very active in these message threads but not seen anything from him this time round.
Didn’t he take a paid position at the club so maybe now has a conflict of interests?

Genuine ask as I’ve not seen anything from him, is Stan still fighting your corner? Last time the proverbial nearly hit the fan I remember he was very active in these message threads but not seen anything from him this time round.
Didn’t he take a paid position at the club so maybe now has a conflict of interests?
We don’t really have to go there with this!! It would take to long…. Stans out of the picture that’s it

Your a cheery soul arent you..

One minute its good news the next its bad news, its been like that for a year now. You dont know whats gonna happen as much as the next man so i dont get what you or anyone else is hoping to achieve with posts like this, the big "i told you so" at the end? Whats the point.
What’s the point of the continuous ‘I’ve heard good news ‘ when there is no good news or if there is NO ONE is privy to it … cheery soul? Who’s cheery in death ?

Stan's one of the few people who have been able to influence Ron. He's is or at least was in thrall of stardom. Worth a try.
Whilst that seems to be the case, I think Stan's done his bit. From what TL has said, COSU has thanked him for his services and they've gone their separate ways. We (and he) can't keep operating by hitting the panic button and having Stan ride in to save us.

Can we keep it on topic please?

We don't need ANOTHER topic about Stan, we're not interested in your opinions about who's the best ITK poster (or snide digs at other SZ members).

This thread title is about when the takeover will go through - if you've nothing relevant to say on that topic, don't bother posting on this thread please.

Tensions are high with all of us (including mods.) and we will delete offending posts so don't waste your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back