• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone is bored , but could we please keep this thread open for “takeover news “
Much appreciated from a non moderator. Thank you 🙏
If we did that the thread would be 5 pages long or about 105 if discussions relating to news remained in 😀

So in relation to my last point I can confirm tomorrow is definitely Friday

I like that they are not giving out too many updates and keeping cards close to their chest. After over a year of rumours going wild it's refreshing that they are just getting on with it now which should of been done under Cox

I think we fail to appreciate the huge efforts being put in behind the scenes with the focus on what can move the dial. I believe, for example, ST are meeting with David Burton-Sampson (candidate Southend West & Leigh) today. Only one thing but don't take lack of news for lack of activity.
There is an unreal amount of effort going in behind the scenes to influence, broker, bring together and raise awareness. Nobody wants any kudos for it, but just because some people aren't sitting on Ron Martin's garden wall, doesn't mean they're not doing anything.

Do any of the ITK’s have any idea as to how things are progressing etc or a feeling as to what the outcome may be? Worried reading @Medway Blue post yesterday re being grateful if we have a club to plan pre season for although I know this is a very protective stance in preparation for the worst
Nothing to worry about, that was just me trying to suggest to people not to stress about next season's ability to get promoted. What will be, will be on that front. There's enough stress to be expended on the current situation, so you'll be doing yourself a favour by not doubling the stress thinking about whether all this will cause us to be in the NL for another season. It's not healthy.

Hope for the best, expect the worst is my advice.

Good progress being made between Council and Martins, KTF.

Nothing to worry about, that was just me trying to suggest to people not to stress about next season's ability to get promoted. What will be, will be on that front. There's enough stress to be expended on the current situation, so you'll be doing yourself a favour by not doubling the stress thinking about whether all this will cause us to be in the NL for another season. It's not healthy.

Hope for the best, expect the worst is my advice.

Good progress being made between Council and Martins, KTF.
Iv been hearing that for 9 months now but I will acknowledge that its different party running the council. My bet is the can will be kicked further down the road and will end up in the same position 3 months later...... personally I don't feel that's good enough anymore and it's unfair on the fans and the people who work for the club. Council really need to set the rats hard deadlines to meet with the end game insight. Currently we have the rats just delaying **** to cater for there own selfish needs, that needs to stop. COSU have stated they aren't playing the waiting game anymore so others need to step up ie the rats and the council.

Thank you for the updates.

This is how transparency should work. The improvement in communication these last few weeks has been much appreciated.

I’ve two questions for you

1. One of the three criteria for COSU to put in the money to see off the winding up order was solely for the Council. Where are we with that now? Has that been provided to COSU?

2. Where are you with procurement for the next stage of DD? Is this being lined up to commence immediately on Ron accepting your terms? Last time DD was held up by delays in waiting for Ron to provide suitable undertaking - will that be an issue again?
We’re working on the criteria we need to satisfy. I believe we can get it done but it’s not entirely on us.

We’re looking at DD estimates and should be able to commission it quite quickly once terms are agreed.

The trust have a lot to answer for right now. Leaving us without a fighting voice in this absolute crucial time is nothing other than shambolic!

This wasn’t the way we should have gone down, absolutely hate how this has all turned out.
Can assure you The Trust are right in the middle of all of this and have constant communications with Cosu and the Council. Just because they don't divulge all their dealings on a public forum doesn't mean they aren't working their arses off on behalf of the fans etc. Remember they are all volunteers so have to try and do what they can whilst still doing their day/evening jobs. To call them shambolic is so wide of the mark. @Medway Blue and @Liam AAS share as much as they can on here but a lot of what goes on behind the scenes is confidential.

I know everyone is bored , but could we please keep this thread open for “takeover news “
Much appreciated from a non moderator. Thank you 🙏
Mea Culpa, but in defence it was meant to lighten the mood a bit. Mods are also posters too, and sometimes post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back