• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll test JR's patience to the max !!
Firstly the rules may prevent him as Cllr sharing updates about their herculean efforts, about progress, challenges being overcome as he would be using his position as Cllr and council resources/media to do so. And it could be seen as campaigning. But nothing stops him fully updating COSU. And I suggested to him COSU then incorporating into their own updates to us.

FWIW it says they are progressing a positive solution that will give COSU the necessary confidence, and the fact it may not be this week suggests probably next. You have to be pretty half glass not full to believe that isn't to some degree positive, but COSU are the sole arbiters of that and it's their view I will be interested in.

"I have issued a further update on the Fossetts Farm Those words are banned this evening. There’s still more to work through next week. As part of our commitment to transparency, we will endeavour to update each week as matters progress."

"We promised that this administration would be open and transparent with SUFC fans around the Fossetts deal.Commercial sensitivity must be respected but in my first week as Leader, I share everything I can with you in this update https://southend.gov.uk/news/article/3141/update-on-fossetts-farm-development"

Above stated 3 days AFTER THE ELECTION ANNOUNCED

now..

"Laws around the General Election prevent me from giving an update THROUGHT THE council/using council resources to share details"

Wonderful!!
Well someone has probably stuck there ore in not wanting anything that put Cllr Cowan and his side in a good light. Hmmm....who do we know that been ticking their ore in about how he deserves no credit, it was all done, no red flags, don't let him take all the glory? Who springs to mind? I wouldn't look any further than that.

Last edited:
Does the world just grind to a halt when there's a Gen Election, then ?

Purdah means curtain in Urdu. Things don’t stop but instead continue behind the curtain.

The idea is that whoever is in government doesn’t get to exploit its position of power to make partisan announcements. All parties/politicians should instead campaign on an equal footing throughout the campaign.

This should not prevent council getting on with their work in the meantime, nor updating Justin and the Consortium. It will limit the public announcements that can be made on a subject that many feel strongly about.

Firstly the rules may prevent him as Cllr sharing updates about their herculean efforts, about progress, challenges being overcome as he would be using his position as Cllr and council resources/media to do so. And it could be seen as campaigning. But nothing stops him fully updating COSU. And I suggested to him COSU then incorporating into their own updates to us.

FWIW it says they are progressing a positive solution that will give COSU the necessary confidence, and the fact it may not be this week suggests probably next. You have to be pretty half glass not full to believe that isn't to some degree positive, but COSU are the sole arbiters of that and it's their view I will be interested in.
I think this is a bit of a rose tinted interpretation, I have no confidence whatsoever that a positive solution will be announced next week and nothing in that statement makes me believe it’ll happen. I hope and pray I am wrong and you’re proved right though.

I will admit to being a natural glass half empty pessimist, but it sounds likely no solution will be found this week. With the noises that the consortium want a positive update on progress by the end of the week I’m not feeling optimistic at all right now.

I think this is a bit of a rose tinted interpretation, I have no confidence whatsoever that a positive solution will be announced next week and nothing in that statement makes me believe it’ll happen. I hope and pray I am wrong and you’re proved right though.

I will admit to being a natural glass half empty pessimist, but it sounds likely no solution will be found this week. With the noises that the consortium want a positive update on progress by the end of the week I’m not feeling optimistic at all right now.
It actually says progressing a positive solution that will give COSU the necessary confidence. Nothing more.

Nothing about anything being finalised or agreed or signed off or processes being finished etc.

It actually says progressing a positive solution that will give COSU the necessary confidence. Nothing more.

Nothing about anything being finalised or agreed or signed off or processes being finished etc.
Exactly why I have no optimism. We’ve been told things are ‘progressing’ for months but something concrete’s needed now. If it’s progressed enough to give COSU confidence I’d be delighted but I have serious doubts.

What I’d like to know is who on earth promised the consortium it’d be done in 6-8 weeks, it must have come from the council as no one would trust the rat clan. I get that they didn’t have all the info until March but it’s been over 8 weeks since then.

I understand the concerns as it has been ongoing for years,however that is why Priory Crescent was widened with this in mind to ease the flow. Just to confirm I don't think that this solves it but the point would be the roads are gridlocked because of poor infrastructure anyway imo.

In addition,did these campaigners say there piece about the homes that are already being built at the back of B and Q or is it just because of the SUFC influence?
I don’t think priory crescent ever got widened did it? I remember the eco warriors with their leader Yana Tugwell starting camp bling which ended all that and wrapping bows round the trees.

Couple of fun facts Yana’s mum use to walk a goat through the village in hockley and I think I kissed Yana when I was in year 7 at Greensward school (memory is hazy though)

the prats at the echo should get out a bit and go around the county. To my knolage there are many massive housing estates in the county .They have not got new roads or schools or doctors . The large estate in halkwell of the hall road does not have any new roads .Also the estate in rawrath is a lage estate and all cars have to use the one major road .So what is the differance to fossets farm .Because that has two roads in and out Sutton road and the road that passes waiterose .
Hall Road estate Rochford
New estate in hullbridge
New estate rawreth lane Rayleigh

None of these got any extra services like doctors schools etc….
Im not counting the special needs school at the Rayleigh development as that’s not a standard service so to speak

the prats at the echo should get out a bit and go around the county. To my knolage there are many massive housing estates in the county .They have not got new roads or schools or doctors . The large estate in halkwell of the hall road does not have any new roads .Also the estate in rawrath is a lage estate and all cars have to use the one major road .So what is the differance to fossets farm .Because that has two roads in and out Sutton road and the road that passes waiterose .
Just to clarify the estate in Rayleigh uses 2 major roads
London Road
Rawreth lane

These are joined by a new road passing through and linking the two

Completely agree. I live in North Essex and the amount of building work going on is massive.
Chelmsford has probably doubled in size over the last 20-30 years. They have had to deal with all these issues. If the said person who wrote the article actually spoke to the developers they may have plans in place for additional roads etc.

It's not just Southend this is happening is County wide as Essex is obviously the place to be 😎
Though if your talking about the new town next to chelmsford this has its own school built with doctors place and new train station going in

That’s the way to do it, dedicated new towns with all the services incorporated from the start and end sticking developments onto existing towns which applies extra pressure on existing services

This ain't good. I fail to see how a General Election (which was called some time ago now) should change his ability to communicate on a non-partisan issue. This is pure unadulterated bollocks.
The general election will change nothing, the council elections however will and that took place back in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back