• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to remember this is not the planning stage for the reconfigured FF. It's about the RH housing being moved to FF without the stadium and the deal between SCC and the developers which had been agreed way back if I remember (4 years ago?) which needs amendment. The leader of the council at that time was Ian Gilbert who is a colleague of Cowan in the Labour party.

I understand the concerns as it has been ongoing for years,however that is why Priory Crescent was widened with this in mind to ease the flow. Just to confirm I don't think that this solves it but the point would be the roads are gridlocked because of poor infrastructure anyway imo.

In addition,did these campaigners say there piece about the homes that are already being built at the back of B and Q or is it just because of the SUFC influence?
Interestingly, Mr Nickless is a member of Fossetts For The People, an organisation which would like to see the entire site as social housing. I have no issue with those aims however it is a little bit of a hypocritical argument to argue that 1300 homes would create gridlock but be in favour of, probably, 1500-1800 homes on the same footprint.

Social housing would almost certainly be at a higher density than the current proposal and thus more on the site. As an indicator the Queensway development was aiming towards 1700-1900 homes on a pretty similar footprint area...

As for GP provision, potential capacity already exists. When the St Luke's Health Centre was built it was built with capacity to expand up to 12000+ patients, it currently has 6400ish on roll. I know because I actually asked the question at the last Patient Participation Group meeting on 29th April... There is also capacity within that building for additional consulting rooms which could relatively easily take it even further as part of the building is currently not in use.

Has something happened? The clocks have stopped. I thought this counted down to the next winding up petition etc Looks like the Domesday clock has finally hit now

1717677089742.png

As much as I don’t like the echo (Chris Phillips not included) I think most of us would have the same concerns if you put the football angle to one side, it’s a big development with just eastern avenue and Sutton Road to deal with it
the prats at the echo should get out a bit and go around the county. To my knolage there are many massive housing estates in the county .They have not got new roads or schools or doctors . The large estate in halkwell of the hall road does not have any new roads .Also the estate in rawrath is a lage estate and all cars have to use the one major road .So what is the differance to fossets farm .Because that has two roads in and out Sutton road and the road that passes waiterose .

the prats at the echo should get out a bit and go around the county. To my knolage there are many massive housing estates in the county .They have not got new roads or schools or doctors . The large estate in halkwell of the hall road does not have any new roads .Also the estate in rawrath is a lage estate and all cars have to use the one major road .So what is the differance to fossets farm .Because that has two roads in and out Sutton road and the road that passes waiterose .
Completely agree. I live in North Essex and the amount of building work going on is massive.
Chelmsford has probably doubled in size over the last 20-30 years. They have had to deal with all these issues. If the said person who wrote the article actually spoke to the developers they may have plans in place for additional roads etc.

It's not just Southend this is happening is County wide as Essex is obviously the place to be 😎

Completely agree. I live in North Essex and the amount of building work going on is massive.
Chelmsford has probably doubled in size over the last 20-30 years. They have had to deal with all these issues. If the said person who wrote the article actually spoke to the developers they may have plans in place for additional roads etc.

It's not just Southend this is happening is County wide as Essex is obviously the place to be 😎
This would be why traffic is a nightmare everywhere, nobody can get a Drs or Hospital appointment, schools are full and housing costs are unaffordable, but this is all another issue entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back