• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
True Blue was a candidate for the Council but wasn’t elected. He knows how procedures work but probably doesn’t have any inside scoop as he was a Conservative candidate. All I can tell you is that there are consortium members who are not viewing this as positive.
Yes indeed I was over in Rayleigh so that’s Rochford District council so I have no dealing with Southend City Council however like you have said I understand processes and the workings, but also as I was a different party to the current Southend administration I would be even less privy to any goings on

One other difference is Southend is a unitary authority so not answerable to Essex County council

In short @danbowen i don’t have any inside knowledge I am sorry to say.

The one thing I do cling onto in all this is that ALL sides want and most importantly need this to work.

Hopefully, Justin will release a statement soon as he said he would.
Then we will know one way or the other, if the council leaders statement is positive news or not..

So, I'm a lot more positive about this.

Firstly COSU will be taking their advice not from brief statements on Twitter but from direct conversations with the Council and the Rat family.

The fact that the Council and developers are "working on a plan that gives COSU confidence" I think means they know for certain what COSU needs to get that confidence and that's what they're aiming to deliver.

He can't give a formal update on the Council site because of election restrictions, that doesn't mean things aren't happening though - he's just trying to prepare us for not getting a statement.

Hold tight for a bit longer everyone!
It's certainly interesting wording.

working on a plan that gives COSU confidence

I read that as the deal isn't getting done anytime soon so they're working on an alternative

Hopefully I'm putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a bigger number than Rons debts

I read that as the deal isn't getting done anytime soon so they're working on an alternative

Hopefully I'm putting 2 and 2 together
Maybe separating the deals where COSU get control of the club while the other stuff gets done in the background 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Hopefully I'm putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a bigger number than Rons debts
Reads to me like they may have more of an idea of an actual deadline from all the independents doing the DD and perhaps some hints at things being on track.

But who knows. Its a politician so may just be the usual a ss talk.

This ain't good. I fail to see how a General Election (which was called some time ago now) should change his ability to communicate on a non-partisan issue. This is pure unadulterated bollocks.
purdah/ the pre-election period. very restricted on what can be communicated, announced, publicised all that. i've been through it twice already this year at work

Not looking good.
Cricko response to above Echo extract “That reads more positive”.
TUIB response to same Echo extract “Not looking good”.

Yet more evidence to suggest we need to simply wait for ACTUAL news coming out from SC, National League and the Consortium. Everything else is just opinions and nothing else.

It is amazing that since Ron put the club up for sale, we have seen York, Yeovil, Rochdale, Torquay and Scunny all get new owners of their club and we get some great new owners buying the club for a small amount of money and yet, he is still the chairman. :Headbang:
And as for the council, they got rid of Essex cricket from Southend and now it seems they'll do a double and get rid of our football team and ground too.:Dizzy:

On the other hand our bogey team Morecambe have been up for sale since September 2022, have had a points deduction and a transfer embargo and now have only 5 players following the departure of 16 players.

On the other hand our bogey team Morecambe have been up for sale since September 2022, have had a points deduction and a transfer embargo and now have only 5 players following the departure of 16 players.
Read this the other day It seems Morecomb may be thrown out of the football leauge .So there may well ge hope for us yet if thecouncil are still getting close to a deal . Lets hope so anyway

I've just read in the Times that "Rayner promised that every new development would be made up of 40 per cent of affordable homes, including a mix of social housing, council housing and other tenures"
if that's true, and if Labour get in, and if (big if) they keep their promises Ron's dream is in danger of getting flushed down the toilet (where he belongs). might force him to move a bit if it comes to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back