• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great news, from that I understand that the trust have assured you that Justin will not walk away?
There are no assurances that Justin wont walk away, as is the case with all of COSU. But talks remain ongoing between all parties on a daily basis as i understand it. But COSU once again have paid wages for May, work has been going on at RH and the training ground. No doubt if it wasn't for the embargo new signings would also have been made. COSU have invested a lot of money already and for that reason they will fight this to the last breath. The state of play changes daily I would assume with every meeting and communications between COSU, Ron and the council. I think the updates that we all hope for this week will give us a clear indication of the future, but as i said there are no guarantees.

Can we get a graphic up somewhere that tells us at a glance the stat of play at a moment in time based on reliable sources.

In my mind it would be 1 nothing to worry about, everything's smelling of roses heading towards 10 being the proverbial fan

View attachment 32210

A very amusing & original post. Top work but am I the only one who would say the fan should be no. 1 and the rose at no. 10. [Query face]

I think there are perhaps six types of fan comments.

There are one or two trolls on here who get their kicks through posting doom laden comments in the hope it will drive some fans to despair.

Then there are some fans posting dire comments because they are genuinely miserable people and view everything through a half empty glass darkly.

Then there are some fans posting negative comments in the hope that they will be proved wrong because they often are - a sort of non-fulfilling prophecy.

Then there are those fans who just post that they don't know. Repeatedly. They are at least honest.

Some fans post optimistic comments either because they are true optimists seeing everything through rose tinted spectacles, or they are simply ****ed off with so many negative comments that they want to lighten the mood and perhaps give some hope to those in despair.

And then...... there are a handful of fans who are genuinely in the know to a greater or lesser extent. Interestingly they have been quiet recently.

So no news is good news?

Or is it?

It depends in which of the six groups you are.

Can you put me down as groups 3, 4 & 5 please?

I just think there are a lot of people on here, giving personal opinions, and some are taking them as fact, none of us know what will happen, past behaviour doesn’t reflect future, what someone has or hasn’t done in the past, everyone has a breaking point. I’ll only believe the official announcements, not hearsay from those that think they are in the know.

I do wonder if some people on here enjoy the drama of it all a bit too much in a perverse way. I also think some like to add to people's anxiousness of the situation and revel in the doom and gloom.
I don't think there are too many, if any, on the supporters groups who are enjoying this one little bit.
This saga has been a slow mental torture from day one, a continuous cycle of hope and despair with a few sights of daylight at the end of the tunnel which all are hoping isn't the 17:15 from Paddington. Quite how some haven't had breakdowns is beyond understanding...

I don't think there are too many, if any, on the supporters groups who are enjoying this one little bit.
This saga has been a slow mental torture from day one, a continuous cycle of hope and despair with a few sights of daylight at the end of the tunnel which all are hoping isn't the 17:15 from Paddington. Quite how some haven't had breakdowns is beyond understanding...
I think they still could n the future given the mental overload it has been, like the covid hangover. If it goes through they’ll be an outpouring of relief then happiness then anger. Be like a bereavement again. Will impact people from a long time IMO. It’s been 25+ years of controlling and disgusting behaviour all round. Yes it’s peaked in recent years but that’s hard to forget and get over.

Here we go again. Another anti Fossetts deal, anti SUFC. It's clear the echo are very biased towards one side so far with these open letters or emails. The timing is interesting as well.

ANOTHER Echo reader has their say on Southend United's future.

I read with interest Tony Cox’s statement that there were no red flags over the Fossetts Farm plan, only discussion points.
Deals such as these always have a number agreed upfront. Tony and it appears Tony alone knows that number.
I personally warned him that the deal creates a massive liquidity and bankruptcy risk to the council.
The council response “we will need to save for a rainy day” (cabinet meeting 29/4).

The risks were downplayed in the papers and the meetings.

It’s clear now that taxpayers will ultimately make a payment of £20million to SUFC.
The council response: “No cost to the taxpayer”.
He played the fans and residents, and his bet of winning more votes failed.
Now we are in the position of choosing council vs club.
The club could’ve spent the last year working on a different way to save itself, Tony wasted that time on a deal that should never happen.

And Ron is laughing all the way to the bank.

Just tell the truth Tony!
Daniel Cowan – invest £20m in the club if you have to but putting the council into bankruptcy is unforgivable.
By investing direct, you at least use the capital budget, not the revenue, and you give fans some security.
D MATTHEW
Via email

Coming on here, you would think it's transfer deadline day, awaiting big news!
Well, sorry, but there is no Harry Redknapp or Jim White to bring any such news.

Justin has and always will be instrumental behind any statements going out. Bearing in mind, his 24 hour Flight back to Sydney has barely landed on the tarmack. He has to travel home, and it's also 1am there, so you cannot expect to see any statement today. He will know what's going on, and will likely be in touch with others at a reasonable mutual time, but I'm sure for now he'll be hitting the pillow. If there is anything to say, he will be on it, but it won't be rushed and it'll be at the right time.

Unfortunately, more patience is required from us all.

I think they still could n the future given the mental overload it has been, like the covid hangover. If it goes through they’ll be an outpouring of relief then happiness then anger. Be like a bereavement again. Will impact people from a long time IMO. It’s been 25+ years of controlling and disgusting behaviour all round. Yes it’s peaked in recent years but that’s hard to forget and get over.
That is always a danger, PTSD is always a ticking time bomb in these situations.
I have suffered severe bouts of depression three times in my life, each time it has followed on from severe mental stresses over a period of time but the onset was, seemingly, triggered by a release of those pressures; almost like a pressure cooker release. One of them was after I was able to step away from my role during Covid of mainly 12-16 hour days. Fortunately that one was not the worst of the three, believe it, or not!
I always regard myself as a 'functioning depressive', not sure if that is a thing but it describes my normal state pretty well - walking a tightrope and just waiting...

That is always a danger, PTSD is always a ticking time bomb in these situations.
I have suffered severe bouts of depression three times in my life, each time it has followed on from severe mental stresses over a period of time but the onset was, seemingly, triggered by a release of those pressures; almost like a pressure cooker release. One of them was after I was able to step away from my role during Covid of mainly 12-16 hour days. Fortunately that one was not the worst of the three, believe it, or not!
I always regard myself as a 'functioning depressive', not sure if that is a thing but it describes my normal state pretty well - walking a tightrope and just waiting...
Sorry to hear all that and feel for you, it’s tough. But agree it’s once you step away from something and the front of mind is no longer busy battling that the problems arise. Martin has a lot to answer for, this should be our release and bit of fun. It hasn’t been fun for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back