• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely have no idea what will happen today ... But I have it on good authority that **** is about to hit the fan

Reading between the lines, I think JR is about to walk away from the consortium.

No idea what the actual ramifications of this are ... Will COSU continue to try and save the club and then seek further investment?

Or will they simply go down with the ship and help form the phoenix club?

I genuinely have no idea what will happen today ... But I have it on good authority that **** is about to hit the fan

Reading between the lines, I think JR is about to walk away from the consortium.

No idea what the actual ramifications of this are ... Will COSU continue to try and save the club and then seek further investment?

You have no idea what will happen, but have an idea that is gonna go tits up and Justin is going to call it a day?.

Bit of a contradiction that mate.

You have no idea what will happen, but have an idea that is gonna go tits up and Justin is going to call it a day?.

Bit of a contradiction that mate.
As justin has not made any statement as to what he will be doing But he did say he will wait to hear what the council has to say before making any statment .So untill then its all pie in the sky guess work .

Have you leapt from '**** is about to hit the fan' to JR is walking away without any information other than '**** is about to hit the fan'?

Surely the other consortium members who are all long term fans of SUFC warned JR what RM was like, they must have expected something like this to play out?

I realise it's so frustrating and they're not a bottomless pit but were a matter of days/weeks from this hopefully being resolved, seems a strange time, having put in so much already to walk away. The long term project was always going to cost them far more than this. UNLESS something major is about to come out of the DD but with the supporters groups being very quiet I find that hard to believe.

I had it ‘on good authority’ about a month ago that April’s wages weren’t paid. I didn’t post it as didn’t want to scare-monger and waited to see if those more ITK than me said anything, which they didn’t. So it appears that there are a lot of rumours and counter rumours around everything related to SUFC right now. The only people who truly know are the main players themselves. Until they tell us themselves either way, it’s all just rumours good & bad.

JR is not going to walk until the position becomes impossible. And until today’s meeting has happened no one can know what the outcome will be.

Let’s see what this weeks brings.

Big opportunity to get things done this week, and similarly a big chance for it to go pear shaped & beyond repair.
....and not forgetting the small matter of the NL AGM this coming weekend.

They are going to want to see some significant progress on the sale. "It's progressing through DD" is not going to cut it, considering we are 12 months down the line and still under Rat ownership. Especially after last summer, where we dodged our license being revoked by literally 5 minutes for late accounts.

Big things need to happen before the weekend, or the NL will have a field day throwing all sorts of ultimatums at us. But in reality, that's probably the least of our worries this week...

All we can do is hope for the best, prepare for the worst and stand ready for any fan action that is deemed necessary.

Probably best to keep posts like these to a minimum. People are struggling mentally with the shambles unfolding Infront of us.

Unless you have spoken to Justin directly, Ron or Jack Martin directly or councillor cowen directly, it's highly likely that this info (if it is that) is 3rd party at best.

The council want it done. The martins want it done and Cosu want it done.

All being on the same page gives me far more hope than a random catastrophic post without a source.

Need a dislike button for posts like this.

I do wonder if some people on here enjoy the drama of it all a bit too much in a perverse way. I also thing some like to add to people's anxiousness of the situation and revel in the doom and gloom.
I think there are perhaps six types of fan comments.

There are one or two trolls on here who get their kicks through posting doom laden comments in the hope it will drive some fans to despair.

Then there are some fans posting dire comments because they are genuinely miserable people and view everything through a half empty glass darkly.

Then there are some fans posting negative comments in the hope that they will be proved wrong because they often are - a sort of non-fulfilling prophecy.

Then there are those fans who just post that they don't know. Repeatedly. They are at least honest.

Some fans post optimistic comments either because they are true optimists seeing everything through rose tinted spectacles, or they are simply ****ed off with so many negative comments that they want to lighten the mood and perhaps give some hope to those in despair.

And then...... there are a handful of fans who are genuinely in the know to a greater or lesser extent. Interestingly they have been quiet recently.

So no news is good news?

Or is it?

It depends in which of the six groups you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back