• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are perhaps six types of fan comments.

There are one or two trolls on here who get their kicks through posting doom laden comments in the hope it will drive some fans to despair.

Then there are some fans posting dire comments because they are genuinely miserable people and view everything through a half empty glass darkly.

Then there are some fans posting negative comments in the hope that they will be proved wrong because they often are - a sort of non-fulfilling prophecy.

Then there are those fans who just post that they don't know. Repeatedly. They are at least honest.

Some fans post optimistic comments either because they are true optimists seeing everything through rose tinted spectacles, or they are simply ****ed off with so many negative comments that they want to lighten the mood and perhaps hope those in despair.

And then...... there are a handful of fans who are genuinely in the know to a greater or lesser extent. Interestingly they have been quiet recently.

So no news is good news?

Or is it?

It depends in which of the six groups you are.
There are also fans on here, like myself, who have no idea how things are progressing (or not) behind closed doors, have no idea how things will pan out... and therefore don't post things that have absolutely no value.

I've been following this thread the best I can but there's so much on here I feel I've missed the importance of today, we're expecting the third piece of DD back is that correct? Will a statement actually be made?

Also, am I right in thinking that this is the final piece we need cleared and then they all get 2 weeks review/audit? So potentially we could be almost 2 weeks from it being sorted out? OR we find out everyone's had enough and we're f*cked?

I've been following this thread the best I can but there's so much on here I feel I've missed the importance of today, we're expecting the third piece of DD back is that correct? Will a statement actually be made?

Also, am I right in thinking that this is the final piece we need cleared and then they all get 2 weeks review/audit? So potentially we could be almost 2 weeks from it being sorted out? OR we find out everyone's had enough and we're f*cked?
Not sure a statement would be forthcoming today, more likely tomorrow once all information from todays various discussions have been digested by the relevant parties.

From what I gather The first 2 DD have not been cleared. They've been returned and it's been deemed that some changes need to be made.

Meeting today(?) is a follow up to last week's meeting to discuss required changes. Plus as you say the next DD should be returned for consideration.

I genuinely have no idea what will happen today ... But I have it on good authority that **** is about to hit the fan

Reading between the lines, I think JR is about to walk away from the consortium.

No idea what the actual ramifications of this are ... Will COSU continue to try and save the club and then seek further investment?

Or will they simply go down with the ship and help form the phoenix club?
think you need to have a word with your source. JR is defo not about to walk away. However until we have a statement from COSU and one from the council updating the situation which both should be this week then saying stuff like this is not helpful. I know the trust are in regular contact with JR, The council and supporter groups on a very regular basis. Only info shared by these groups should be taken seriously

Can we get a graphic up somewhere that tells us at a glance the stat of play at a moment in time based on reliable sources.

In my mind it would be 1 nothing to worry about, everything's smelling of roses heading towards 10 being the proverbial fan

View attachment 32210
Nice idea, like that a lot.
But what do we class as a reliable source. As we have seen today statements have been made like the following, that have no credibility.

'I genuinely have no idea what will happen today ... But I have it on good authority that **** is about to hit the fan
Reading between the lines, I think JR is about to walk away from the consortium.'

This to me is one persons opinion and not fact. What are the facts and do we know these are true?

Is there a meeting today? A lot of people have said there is and can probably be verified. But as for the outcome or people walking then that is all hearsay.

If it were me, I would love for us to be positioned around 3-4 on your scale 🤞

But what do we class as a reliable source. As we have seen today statements have been made like the following, that have no credibility.

'I genuinely have no idea what will happen today ... But I have it on good authority that **** is about to hit the fan
Reading between the lines, I think JR is about to walk away from the consortium.'

This to me is one persons opinion and not fact. What are the facts and do we know these are true?

Is there a meeting today? A lot of people have said there is and can probably be verified. But as for the outcome or people walking then that is all hearsay.

Thats exactly the reason why I thought a graphic may help.

For someone to contradict themselves within the first sentence doesn't fill me with confidence for the next couple of sentences. And what MAY happen is whats stated on here is then put onto Facebook, Twitter, and then picked up and put on here again and then so many people have heard the same information that it becomes "fact"

I'd say those involved in putting the Trust statement out. AAS guys seem to have their fingers on the pulse and a few of the mods within Shtimperzone also seem to know the goings on.

For me we have probably been a 8 for the past 4 or so years. I'd love us to be around a 4 or 5.

I get the impression that Justin’s style has been to take people into his trust including some on here and those individuals have been appropriately discrete in sharing what they can without overstepping the mark. That can lead to frustration from some e.g I suspect those that tend to coordinate protests will be better sighted on the value of them at the moment than most which can create angst. We also get lots of views based on the history of Ron and the council for example and therefore assume one or the other must be in the wrong at this point to. The truth is we will no doubt hear an update tomorrow as promised and may get some vibes from others today. We all probably have to decide who we trust might be worth listening to rather than the personal feelings expressed that can be framed as having some knowledge.

Can we get a graphic up somewhere that tells us at a glance the stat of play at a moment in time based on reliable sources.

In my mind it would be 1 nothing to worry about, everything's smelling of roses heading towards 10 being the proverbial fan

View attachment 32210
genius lol, however the t urd will be going from 1 - 10 at light speed given whats posted on here.

Have you leapt from '**** is about to hit the fan' to JR is walking away without any information other than '**** is about to hit the fan'?
I think Justin is clever enough to have understood this with Ron a while back. I think he is now seeing how useless the council are now.

think you need to have a word with your source. JR is defo not about to walk away. However until we have a statement from COSU and one from the council updating the situation which both should be this week then saying stuff like this is not helpful. I know the trust are in regular contact with JR, The council and supporter groups on a very regular basis. Only info shared by these groups should be taken seriously
That's great news, from that I understand that the trust have assured you that Justin will not walk away?

Seldom is getting a bit of a kicking here, but before we pile on, we have to remember that he may very well be proven right. Just not today, and not in the vein that he’s relayed the info.

As it stands - today - nobody is walking away. Will that be the case tomorrow, next week, next month? We don’t know.

You have no idea what will happen, but have an idea that is gonna go tits up and Justin is going to call it a day?.

Bit of a contradiction that mate.
hey buddy, there's no need to be like that, we are all worried my fellow shrimper, good times and bad times, lets stick together like honey ! we got this, we got you buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back