• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

So if it’s not done by Monday what’s next will it be the league decision whether they give us any longer to show them what needed / pay what owed so we can’t take part for next season

That clubs need to post a bond to not get sanctioned?
I do remember chat about a bond last summer/close season. I don’t really understand what the difference is from then til now. We weren’t asked for it last year and surely we were in a worse position then?

I do remember chat about a bond last summer/close season. I don’t really understand what the difference is from then til now. We weren’t asked for it last year and surely we were in a worse position then?
We've had our current funder (Cosu) issue a public statement threatening to cancel takeover if conditions are not met

So Monday is the deadline for the Bond or... what? Sanctions I think @CllrDanielCowan said.

What sanctions? I very much suspect that it will be expulsion. Pay £1m or get a points deduction isn't really a contest, is it? That sort of serious outcome also explains the 24/7 negotiations (but I am very happy to be proved wrong on that!).

The fixtures come out 10 July and from the NL perspective, no season tickets have gone on sale yet so you can understand why they may wonder whether are properly preparing for the season.

Why couldn't the sale of the club have been decoupled earlier?

Was it not always the case that Ron wasn't going to let RH go until he had the planning on FF? As I've always said, he can't get permission on plans that haven't been submitted yet and the council can't bind a future council to a decision where no plans have been submitted.

So what's changed?

If the club is to be decoupled from the stadium, then COSU will need some sort of security of tenure otherwise Ron will be able to take the stadium back for re-development if the FF plans fail to come good in however many years time.

Ron is not going to give that sort of tenancy because then he will be at risk of losing everything. Regardless of whether we think he may deserve it, no-one in their right mind is going to give up hundreds of millions of pounds.

At the moment, it costs Ron nothing to co-operate. But I can't see why on earth he would agree to a scenario that could one day mean he lost the lot.

So, are we now in a position where, in order to keep the club alive, COSU are going to have to pay the £1m Bond as well? And if they want to make RH the hub of a sustainable club, they aren't going to spend all that money redeveloping a stadium that can be taken away from them at a few months notice.
isn’t it something to do with the charges being held against the club by CBRE? COSU wanted them removed before the purchase but I’m assuming now the deal is to buy the club with the charges so more risk for COSU.

So Monday is the deadline for the Bond or... what? Sanctions I think @CllrDanielCowan said.

What sanctions? I very much suspect that it will be expulsion. Pay £1m or get a points deduction isn't really a contest, is it? That sort of serious outcome also explains the 24/7 negotiations (but I am very happy to be proved wrong on that!).

The fixtures come out 10 July and from the NL perspective, no season tickets have gone on sale yet so you can understand why they may wonder whether are properly preparing for the season.

Why couldn't the sale of the club have been decoupled earlier?

Was it not always the case that Ron wasn't going to let RH go until he had the planning on FF? As I've always said, he can't get permission on plans that haven't been submitted yet and the council can't bind a future council to a decision where no plans have been submitted.

So what's changed?

If the club is to be decoupled from the stadium, then COSU will need some sort of security of tenure otherwise Ron will be able to take the stadium back for re-development if the FF plans fail to come good in however many years time.

Ron is not going to give that sort of tenancy because then he will be at risk of losing everything. Regardless of whether we think he may deserve it, no-one in their right mind is going to give up hundreds of millions of pounds.

At the moment, it costs Ron nothing to co-operate. But I can't see why on earth he would agree to a scenario that could one day mean he lost the lot.

So, are we now in a position where, in order to keep the club alive, COSU are going to have to pay the £1m Bond as well? And if they want to make RH the hub of a sustainable club, they aren't going to spend all that money redeveloping a stadium that can be taken away from them at a few months notice.
Interesting one that. It's worth pointing out that under Vik Jobson season tickets didn't go on sale until August.

The charges are on RH not the club and this won’t be released until full planning at FF is obtained. I should imagine COSU require at least

firm commitments to the lease on RH
Timeline to full planning

Back