• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Well, if he doesn't hurry up, I'm gonna make Ron an offer he can't refuse.

A pillow.
Severed-Horse-Head-Pillow-alternate-image.jpg

My personal view is very doubtful , will the consortium continue. Think they must be almost ready to pull out unfortunately.
I highly doubt the consortium are ready to pull out at all. Just paid all salaries, come to agreements to stop us being wound up only last week and been in negotiations this weekend with Justin flying back to England tonight. Chill out and stop panicking so easily.

I highly doubt the consortium are ready to pull out at all. Just paid all salaries, come to agreements to stop us being wound up only last week and been in negotiations this weekend with Justin flying back to England tonight. Chill out and stop panicking so easily.
Quite right. They aren’t pulling out now.

If RM has no intention of paying the £20m, which he probably hasn’t. Then he shouldn’t be getting planning on the FF stadium site for more housing. Hopefully Councillor Cowan can play another blinder for us.
Agree he shouldn’t. However, decoupling the property from the club to allow the takeover to happen sooner means that it will make it harder to agree I would think

CONSORTIUM members Justin Rees and Jason Brown have flown back to England in a bid to quicken their takeover of Southend United.

Rees will arrive from Australia on Monday morning while Brown has headed home from Hong Kong ahead of a hugely significant day for the future of the Shrimpers.

The consortium revealed last week how they are now trying to take control of the club immediately after the National League requested a £1million bond to be paid to prove Blues could fulfil their fixtures during the forthcoming campaign unless their was a change of ownership.

The Shrimpers have appealed that decision while takeover talks continue with Ron Martin but the Echo understands there is now an issue with the previously committed £20million contribution to Roots Hall development.

The National League are continuing to monitor the situation while they also assess their next move.
It is interesting that two of the biggest financial contributors to the consortium's takeover bid have chosen to intervene in the negotiations with RM and JM. Hopefully, this is a statement of intent to conclude the deal and perhaps a signal to the Martins that the consortium has not got unlimited patience.

Back