• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Lovely weekend, preparing for and the enjoying hubby's birthday yesterday. Was a bit worried with the weather as it was in the morning but it turned out perfectly. Lovely to see the grandkids getting pleasure out of such simple things as chalking on the paving slabs and playing with bubbles.

Payday from the DWP and a phone call about a graduate writing gig in Cheltenham. Now I can get my chocolate chip frappe from McDonald's with a smile before my meeting. Shame Terminator's ***** (and I've really gone of Emilia Clarke after GoT5) and Minions is only good if you like them from Despicable Me (which I loathe) or I'd go catch a movie. Oh well. Maybe HMV has Korra seasons 3 and 4. I can hope...

Last edited:
Lunchtime run where I managed to get lost :blush: On the bright side, jogged for an hour with no adverse side affects :thumbsup:

Watching a smug plumb of a cyclist cut down the left hand side of me on Hackney Road only to slam into a Tesco home delivery van at high speed who I was giving way to. Wonder how far the mug will get on a square wheel :smile:

Just received an email confirming my new contract, starting on Monday until the end of Jan 2016. It's only been 8 working days since my last one finished.

It also involves a rather hefty rate increase too.

Had the results of my kids Phonics tests. We were really worried about my son not passing and he ended up getting 34 out of 40 when he needed 32. He scored higher than some of the brighter kids in the class too. My daughter on the other hand smashed it and got 40 out 40. So I'm a very proud Dad at the moment!

Had the results of my kids Phonics tests. We were really worried about my son not passing and he ended up getting 34 out of 40 when he needed 32. He scored higher than some of the brighter kids in the class too. My daughter on the other hand smashed it and got 40 out 40. So I'm a very proud Dad at the moment!
Phonics test ? Is that like Physics but with a mobile ?
I must be getting old.....

It's been just over three months today since I gave up smoking and still haven't smoked one single cigarette. I've now saved £520 according to my app :smiles:

It's been just over three months today since I gave up smoking and still haven't smoked one single cigarette. I've now saved £520 according to my app :smiles:

Good for you. I have managed two attempts lasting 6 weeks each but ended in epic failures. Did you go down the e-cig route or cold turkey?

Well done mate, its a good feeling. Have you been tempted at all? I still get an occasional pang when a freshly lit one wafts past me.

Good for you. I have managed two attempts lasting 6 weeks each but ended in epic failures. Did you go down the e-cig route or cold turkey?

Thank you! Tried e-cigs before but caved in. It's about my fourth attempt, but used the patches this time and they've really worked. You gradually reduce the size of the patch and I've been off them completely for about a month now :thumbsup:

Well done mate, its a good feeling. Have you been tempted at all? I still get an occasional pang when a freshly lit one wafts past me.

Cheers mate. Yeah I agree, when someone walks past with one it's sometimes difficult especially if I've been drinking. After a meal out is also a tough one. All in all though I've not been too bad. The pangs eventually get less and less though do they?

Cheers mate. Yeah I agree, when someone walks past with one it's sometimes difficult especially if I've been drinking. After a meal out is also a tough one. All in all though I've not been too bad. The pangs eventually get less and less though do they?

They do, but 12 years on I still get the urge for one...

They do, but 12 years on I still get the urge for one...

I think my aunt still has pangs about 30 years in. What scares her into not giving in is a stat she told me. Apparently it doesn't matter how long you've gone without if you have one you're more than likely to be back where you were within 2 weeks.

Back