• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

A enjoyable trip to the flicks with my daughter, 3-0 win at Sheffield and a cheeky £40 quid profit from my bet for us to win. Not a bad tuesday at all.

Posh wireless headphones were giving me ear/headache if I wear them longer than 30 minutes, so I bought some cheap £7.99 Sony jobbies and they're a better sound quality and louder than the wireles ones. Whoda thunk?

free upgrade on my flight home from Canada.

Lucky git!.. I've never had a free upgrade on a flight ever, I've tried every trick in the book, but failed miserably each and every time.

Although, my success rate for getting upgrades in hotels is much higher, but sadly when the family weren't with me.. nothing worse than being alone and getting up-graded to a large multi room suite when your alone, yet getting a crappy room when your away with family.

It's odd that you mention about flight upgrades from Canada, one of my old friends took a local flight into BC yesterday (one of those small planes that land on water), anyway, they were over booked, so she got a seat in the cockpit for her flight. She loved it!

Doctor tag helps eh? :winking:

I dunno, maybe. I do book my flights and hotels as Dr Pubey:whistling:
I just asked if it was a busy flight, and because it was I asked if there were upgrade options (the BA app was saying £120 to go up to Premium Economy, which is definitely worth it for an 8+ hr redeye).

I've had a few upgrades before, I don't think there's any particular method. I guess if you look like you're willing to potentially pay, they might just bump you up and avoid the hassle of sorting the payment. They definitely did 'redistribute the classes' on my flight because the guy next to me was also upgraded unexpectedly.

Lucky git!.. I've never had a free upgrade on a flight ever, I've tried every trick in the book, but failed miserably each and every time.

Although, my success rate for getting upgrades in hotels is much higher, but sadly when the family weren't with me.. nothing worse than being alone and getting up-graded to a large multi room suite when your alone, yet getting a crappy room when your away with family.

It's odd that you mention about flight upgrades from Canada, one of my old friends took a local flight into BC yesterday (one of those small planes that land on water), anyway, they were over booked, so she got a seat in the cockpit for her flight. She loved it!

awesome, we did a seaplane transfer for our honeymoon in the maldives and it was incredible. the plane was open so you could see into the cockpit and the pilots had shirts, shorts and no shoes!

I dunno, maybe. I do book my flights and hotels as Dr Pubey:whistling:
I just asked if it was a busy flight, and because it was I asked if there were upgrade options (the BA app was saying £120 to go up to Premium Economy, which is definitely worth it for an 8+ hr redeye).

I've had a few upgrades before, I don't think there's any particular method. I guess if you look like you're willing to potentially pay, they might just bump you up and avoid the hassle of sorting the payment. They definitely did 'redistribute the classes' on my flight because the guy next to me was also upgraded unexpectedly.

Flying with Communist Airlines? Rusty will be outraged. :smile:

awesome, we did a seaplane transfer for our honeymoon in the maldives and it was incredible. the plane was open so you could see into the cockpit and the pilots had shirts, shorts and no shoes!

They're twin otters. Great little planes. We got a sea plane transfer in the Maldives as well. Loved it.

The bottom joint going on my transit van hence the wheel collapsing, not that in itself making me happy but the fact that it happened outside my house and off the road lucky lucky lucky.

I'm off on my hols for 7 days to Estoril tomorrow. After last years disaster, I'm going abroad for the first time in 6 years. Try not to miss me too much. :smile:

Back