• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I'm the luckiest man in the world. Business travel isn't all it's cracked up to be but has taken me all over Europe and NY and with my current role Asia. I've been to some of these long before emigrating but regular trips to Tokyo and Singapore with Korea, Taiwan and Indonesia ticked off. Thailand and Indonesia on holiday and I'm going to India in December where I will also watch 4th test in Mumbai.

The days of business class luxury on short haul are long gone so I'm particularly delighted to be in Australia for the first time (Sydney) as the 8 hours plus qualifies for business class. It's been a tough week since I arrived on Monday. Took in the bridge and Opera House on Monday morning but since then my evenings have been stuck in the hotel room on calls back to the rest of the world. Last night I was free at 9pm. Went outside and back within an hour as I was too tired. Today I'm totally free so I'm off to Bondai and Manley beaches. 23C in their winter by day 13-15 at night. That's warm enough for me to swim. The water is cold but warmer than Cornwall Atlantic. Then I'm off to Hyde Park taking in Oxford St and maybe Liverpool Street.

Never been to Oz before. I'm in Sydney with light pollution but the skies are so blue, the stars bright and the air soooooooo fresh and the people so friendly. There is a morning coffee culture out here which means quality coffee at competitive prices. Not seen Starbucks but I guess there'll be one for our uncouth American friends. Alcohol not so cheap. Now on the holiday bucket list.

After a long time searching, I have finally found a flat to buy and hope to be in within the month. I'm going to be so, so poor, but totally worth it.

Bondi Beach vs North Cornwall beaches. It's good, but not that good. The water is clearer (just as bloody cold!). I was recommended to go to Manly beach. I would have Perranporth beach winning every time on quality of sand, surf and more. I reckon it's the Oz equivalent of Newquay, more about the name than the quality.

image.jpg

Ha ha. Unplanned but ironic that the pic is posting upside down.

Now I'm back in HK I'm missing the fresh air. That's a massive box ticker for Australia. Maybe it's not so nice in their summer?

I'm ugly. Barrett is past it. Some facts cannot be denied. :smile:

Have you given up on stalking Emma Bunton and switched to AB. Whilst you were away he was busy getting MOM at Sheffield United.

By the way I staid in Manly for a while, much better than Bondi. Plus its an easy ferry ride to the heart of Sydney.

Have you given up on stalking Emma Bunton and switched to AB. Whilst you were away he was busy getting MOM at Sheffield United.

By the way I staid in Manly for a while, much better than Bondi. Plus its an easy ferry ride to the heart of Sydney.

You're on the verge of sounding like Tangled up in Blue!:winking:

You're on the verge of sounding like Tangled up in Blue!:winking:

Very true, at least it is info others could use. Would be my top tip if visiting Sydney....Stay at least half your time in Manly.

Perhaps we could have a Travel section as I'm sure their must be some great experience amongst us Zoners. :thumbsup:

My son's 8th birthday. What a great day we have planned for him. So far we've had birthday cake with grandma, then bowling. We're about to get on a train to go and see Horrible Histories at the theatre, followed by dinner at Prezzo with my sister and her family.

He's currently the happiest child in the world.

Nice day out at Maldon Park. Even my legs have got a bit of colour on them. That would be the legs Leyland Paint base their white colour charts on.

Our local cinema is promoting the new Swallows and Amazons film, handing out posters for children to colour in.

My daughter did a lovely job - drew some boats and some flags, keeping it all within the lines.

My son's wasn't quite as good, but his finishing touch - scrawling 'sponsored by my butt' - across the top of the page, was excellent.

Back