• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Back fence being replaced by neighbours but STILL without gravel boards at the bottom so, at the moment, there is a gap of between 2 and 6 inches all the way along the bottom of it!!!:facepalm:

Maybe pop a polite note in his door, and say that you are worried that his lovely new wood panels will rot quickly from the bottom, as moisture/rain gets soaked up from the floor/grass, and that gravel boards is the answer to that problem.

Trains again. Delayed an hour and twenty minutes for a 30 minute journey this morning. Stuck on a broken down train, which they eventually got working, only to decide that it would terminate a few stops early meaning I then had to change trains for no apparent reason.

What's worse is that First Crapital Connect kept "lying" about the reason. The original problem was an overhead power failure, but that came back after about 15-20 minutes. Then the issue was that the driver couldn't raise the pantograph (the bit of the train that connects to the overhead power cables). It is that that took around an hour. But all the station announcements I could hear as we pulled into various stations kept saying the delay was because of an overhead power failure.

I'm so pleased they've lost their franchise.

The fact that I work hard all month and yet I am always skint while my ex who has never done a days work in her life has just spent money on a new tattoo and had a holiday. Joke.

Got a cold call from a polite young lady today who said she was offering me the opportunity to learn all about the Government's latest energy savings plans. Told her politely that mine was a telephone preference number at which point she said '**** off then' and hung up. I'm hacked off that her number was withheld, can't ring back and be abusive back!!!

Fancied seeing Clint Eastwood's Jersey Boys in fascist Beziers where we're going for the weekend.

It's on but only in VF.I hate dubbed films.:angry:

Fancied seeing Clint Eastwood's Jersey Boys in fascist Beziers where we're going for the weekend.

It's on but only in VF.I hate dubbed films.:angry:
Going to see it tomorrow, really looking forward to it. There was an excellent "Special" on it on Sky Arts last week, with interviews with the actors and with Clint Eastwood, who directs it. Got to be honest, what I saw, the boys don't look as slick with their moves as they are on stage. We shall see.

Got a cold call from a polite young lady today who said she was offering me the opportunity to learn all about the Government's latest energy savings plans. Told her politely that mine was a telephone preference number at which point she said '**** off then' and hung up. I'm hacked off that her number was withheld, can't ring back and be abusive back!!!

Buy a new phone. The one we have just bought can be set up to give a busy tone to anyone who rings with a withheld number.

Back