• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just heard that the Bill Wyman show that I'd got tickets for at the beginning of August in Cambrils has been cancelled.:angry:

That's a hatrick for this summer with Blondie's gig here last week also cancelled and Robert Plant's at Cap Roig also pulled.

Must be a crisis.:'(

Obviously not enough 14yr old girls for his" attentions".

First Crapital Connect.

It seems to me that since they have lost their franchise they're cutting back on maintenance. It used to be rare to find a seat that was a bit dodgy, and uncomfortable. Now it seems to happen more often than not.

On the hunt for a decent café near my new work for those times when you want to start the day with a bacon roll/sarnie. A poor effort from the first one I have tried - they don't do rolls, I asked for toasted bread and got untoasted, and the ketchup may have been in a Heinz bottle but had never been anywhere near a Heinz factory.

£5.70 for that and a coffee too - seems steep but I guess that's London for you.

In the SUFC Twitter parlance, we go again - but not to there.

Parents not taking responsibilty for their kids - throwing stones around? I know, I'll chat to the other mothers about nothing whilst ignoring your brat's behaviour. :angry:

Parents not taking responsibilty for their kids - throwing stones around? I know, I'll chat to the other mothers about nothing whilst ignoring your brat's behaviour. :angry:

Oh don't. My brother is having a similar issue. Some kids have recently discovered knock down ginger in his area, and he has an eight month old daughter, so this banging on the door is disturbing her, and obviously ****ing him off. After the third day in a row, he chased them down and give him a shouting at, explaining the hassle they were causing, but trying to frighten them out of doing it again.

Later that evening, an irate Mum's at the door screaming and shouting at him, for yelling at her kids. The kids (about 15 of them now) are standing behind her, giving him the finger. He pointed out that if she was a half decent mother she'd realise that her kids were in the wrong, and would be dealing with that, not screaming at the innocent party, frightening his daughter, and ultimately giving her own kids the impression they can do what they like. She tried to deny they'd done anything, until asked how it is they knew where he lived if they hadn't been doing it, and which point, this mother in front of her kids spat at him and started pushing him. He thinks she was trying to egg him on to do something he'd regret and she could benefit from, fortunately, his other half was there to slam the door shut. But now they're worried all these kids know where he lives, and have basically been given free license by this lowlife mother to do what they like.

Just utter scum, it makes me so angry, as the police won't do anything - unless he'd reacted of course.

Anyway, completely unrelated I'm off to dig a spiked trench and buy a rockweiler.....

Oh don't. My brother is having a similar issue. Some kids have recently discovered knock down ginger in his area, and he has an eight month old daughter, so this banging on the door is disturbing her, and obviously ****ing him off. After the third day in a row, he chased them down and give him a shouting at, explaining the hassle they were causing, but trying to frighten them out of doing it again.

Later that evening, an irate Mum's at the door screaming and shouting at him, for yelling at her kids. The kids (about 15 of them now) are standing behind her, giving him the finger. He pointed out that if she was a half decent mother she'd realise that her kids were in the wrong, and would be dealing with that, not screaming at the innocent party, frightening his daughter, and ultimately giving her own kids the impression they can do what they like. She tried to deny they'd done anything, until asked how it is they knew where he lived if they hadn't been doing it, and which point, this mother in front of her kids spat at him and started pushing him. He thinks she was trying to egg him on to do something he'd regret and she could benefit from, fortunately, his other half was there to slam the door shut. But now they're worried all these kids know where he lives, and have basically been given free license by this lowlife mother to do what they like.

Just utter scum, it makes me so angry, as the police won't do anything - unless he'd reacted of course.

Anyway, completely unrelated I'm off to dig a spiked trench and buy a rockweiler.....

The thing to do is video anything that happens from now on.

Sorry to hear that mate, fortunately mine was nothing so bad. Oddly the mothers were very well spoken, one talking about their eldest auditioning for some play or other. If they were guttersnipes I could understand it....

Also sorry to hear of Blue_Wes' brother's issues. Definitely report it to the police.

My work place have recently taken on upkeep of some flower beds along our parade of shops which have been neglected for years. We had them all dug over, weeded and planted some lovely cheerful Bizzy Lizzies. This being a raised flower bed, plenty of parents let their kids walk along the wall surrounding them on the walk to and from school. This isn't usually a problem, but last Friday, one group of two mothers and about 5 kids went past. One of the little boys (aged about 6) just ploughed his way through the middle of the flowers, trampling all over them. His mother ignored him and was obliviously engrossed in her phone. Another one of them then proceeded to heavily "wheel" his toy train all along our glass windows - which sounded hideous inside! Some kids are absolute brats, but if they have no guidance from the people who are supposed to provide it, then there's little hope for them.

On the hunt for a decent café near my new work for those times when you want to start the day with a bacon roll/sarnie. A poor effort from the first one I have tried - they don't do rolls, I asked for toasted bread and got untoasted, and the ketchup may have been in a Heinz bottle but had never been anywhere near a Heinz factory.

£5.70 for that and a coffee too - seems steep but I guess that's London for you.

In the SUFC Twitter parlance, we go again - but not to there.

I have a subsidised restaurant at work. The lunches are not great (or cheap) but I can get assemble a full English for around £2.50 so never bother with cafes and Canary Wharf is pretty bad for that sort of thing.

In an emergency I find the bacon and egg baguettes at Pret a reasonable deal. Good luck finding a decent Cafe. Why not ask a black cab driver. They normally know a decent cafe.

Shop directly underneath where I work does a massive bacon sarnie and a bog standard cup of filter coffee for £2.30. Perfect for nursing a mild hangover and not too expensive for Holborn.

Shop directly underneath where I work does a massive bacon sarnie and a bog standard cup of filter coffee for £2.30. Perfect for nursing a mild hangover and not too expensive for Holborn.

Whatever happened to the Benji's chain? They used to be cheap as chips and did bucket sized coffee for about a pound.

Good luck finding a decent Cafe. Why not ask a black cab driver. They normally know a decent cafe.

I may do, although doing the exploring myself is half the fun. Tried one at Baker St today, decent coffee, but the bacon was hard rather than crispy. Only £2.29 though, so there is that.

We've got a Pret nearby too, so I'll give them a spin.

Back