• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have been along to say good bye to a friend and neighbour at Havens this morning. A non smoker, hard working, honest, fit bloke laid out gasping for air and rasping to get a few words out. Cancer sucks.
Denis died 2 days later, Havens helped enormously with managing his pain; and the set up there is wonderful. The family and friends all got to say their goodbyes.
I can not commend Havens highly enough.

Social media going into overdrive with conspiracy theories about the missing tech entrepreneur Mike Lynch and now his co-defendant in his US fraud trial Stephen Chamberlain who at the weekend was fatally struck by a car whilst running in Cambridgeshire.

I didn't know the world had so many armchair super sleuths who can solve a case without leaving the confines of their their dwelling.

Social media going into overdrive with conspiracy theories about the missing tech entrepreneur Mike Lynch and now his co-defendant in his US fraud trial Stephen Chamberlain who at the weekend was fatally struck by a car whilst running in Cambridgeshire.

I didn't know the world had so many armchair super sleuths who can solve a case without leaving the confines of their their dwelling.
It is an amazing conincedence

Import charges. €24.50 for a £50 SUFC shirt. And they would only take cash for the precise amount, so now have to go and pick it up tomorrow at the post office.
You need to get a friendly person in the UK to purchase your shirt for you and to then send to your location and claim its a gift under the value of €45 then there are no import duties

Woken up to notifications from bank that they've spotted a suspicious transaction on credit card. I used it last night to book some tickets - was connected with hotel WiFi - suspect someone has intercepted the details somehow. Attempt was for just shy of £1,000.

Timely the new Southend VPN partner announcement! Will look into that soon.

Woken up to notifications from bank that they've spotted a suspicious transaction on credit card. I used it last night to book some tickets - was connected with hotel WiFi - suspect someone has intercepted the details somehow. Attempt was for just shy of £1,000.

Timely the new Southend VPN partner announcement! Will look into that soon.
Absolutely this, I never use any form of public Wi-Fi due to the security risk.

Just received an HMRC communication advising me that I have underpaid Income Tax on my pensions for last year to the tune of £500. This they tell me, they will claw back over 12 months. As my pension provider handles all tax deduction by combining my state pension with my private one, I'm at a loss to understand the under payment. Rang the pension provider and got 'Not our problem mate' (helpful)! So its a phone call to HMRC next. That will be so much fun and I can't wait for next week.

Just received an HMRC communication advising me that I have underpaid Income Tax on my pensions for last year to the tune of £500. This they tell me, they will claw back over 12 months. As my pension provider handles all tax deduction by combining my state pension with my private one, I'm at a loss to understand the under payment. Rang the pension provider and got 'Not our problem mate' (helpful)! So its a phone call to HMRC next. That will be so much fun and I can't wait for next week.
My 'other half' received a letter from them saying she owed £83 tax from 22-23 tax year.
As her pension totalled £11.7k and personal allowance is £12.5k, we are at a loss how they come to that assumption?.
Bless them, we've got until end of January to pay it!.

And surely your pension provider should investigate, as technically it is their problem as they submit the figures to HMRC?.
What a disgraceful attitude they've given you?.

And surely your pension provider should investigate, as technically it is their problem as they submit the figures to HMRC?.
What a disgraceful attitude they've given you?.
Might have 2 pension providers. A personal pension and then the state pension. The state pension is coded as 0 and any tax is collected / due from the personal pension.

Don't forget the marriage tax allowance which could be handy if one only has the state pension. Although it's getting quite close to the tax threshold as it keeps getting frozen.

Any other income, e.g., interest on bank accounts, share dividends etc not in an ISA?

No, there is nothing of that nature to influence things. I'm wondering if it's to do with my pension increases creeping more into the 40% rate. When I've got the inclination, I'll check out my P60 for that year and compare with their calculations on the letter.

Might have 2 pension providers. A personal pension and then the state pension. The state pension is coded as 0 and any tax is collected / due from the personal pension.

Don't forget the marriage tax allowance which could be handy if one only has the state pension. Although it's getting quite close to the tax threshold as it keeps getting frozen.
I have 3(two state ! Uk and ! Spanish) and 1private (French)

Back