• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't this boxer only test positive for having an XY chromosome before a gold medal fight with a Chinese athlete at a world championships. Despite being tested previously the IBA only found this before the gold medal fight against Chinese. That was lucky of the Russian led IBA.

Most wouldn't trust a Russian organisation as far as they could throw them. The same could be said for boxing at the IBA where decisions are known to be a little iffy sometimes to say the least (Nina Hughes vs Cherneka Johnson)

It's lucky the two aren't connected in some way....

This is irrelevant if the gender test was fabricated to fix a competition.

Either way though she's had 51 fights and only won by KO 6 times, if her punches really were as powerful as that then it seems odd that 45 women were able to deal with them until it went to the judge's decision.
I'm not disputing that the IBA is corrupt. It most certainly is. So putting their gender decision aside, if Imane Khelif were to be tested today by an independent gender scientist, do you think Khelif would be classed as male or female?

Don't get sucked into this discusiion. Quite obviously led by a far right agenda led ideologue.
Sigh. Same old answer from a woke leftie. Everyone that doesn't agree is far right. Did you know that you lot started this argument/discussion. It was at the Sydney Olympics that the woke activists complained about gender testing. They complained in force to the IOC that the test was non inclusive and discriminatory, so the IOC bowed down and now the test is asking the athlete what they identify as, and looking at their passport. If they weren't so weak, all this wouldn't have happened, as Khelif under the old system would be classified as a man.

Have read everything and it is quite clear that this bizarre Trump/Rowling + right wing crazies are aligned against the facts. Which are both these boxers are certified as women, like it or not. Quite revealling but hardly surprising to see who lines upn in support of the far right crazies.

Have read everything and it is quite clear that this bizarre Trump/Rowling + right wing crazies are aligned against the facts. Which are both these boxers are certified as women, like it or not. Quite revealling but hardly surprising to see who lines upn in support of the far right crazies.
Trump and Rowling, how have they come into this? Jeez.

I'm not disputing that the IBA is corrupt. It most certainly is. So putting their gender decision aside, if Imane Khelif were to be tested today by an independent gender scientist, do you think Khelif would be classed as male or female?
If we're putting the IBA's gender decision aside then there's zero evidence she would be classed as male if tested.

That was my answer. If we're ignoring the IBA ruling (which I think we should) then there is zero evidence that she's not a woman, so I expect she'd be found as a woman.

Who is this "gender expert" by the way?
The gender scientist was on TV. If I can find the program and get the clip on here, I will. By the way, if Khelif has to have a proper gender test in the future to box as a male or female, and is classed as a female, I promise to come on here and hold my hands up and apologise.

So you have no actual facts and you just decided to make up an imaginary trans person to be angry about.

Usual rubbish from the knuckle dragging far right.
Quite agree. What is revealing is the personal inadequacies of a poster who feels threatened by these issues and should clearly seek help.

So you have no actual facts and you just decided to make up an imaginary trans person to be angry about.

Usual rubbish from the knuckle dragging far right.
Yep the Tyson thing was a joke going about. I wish people would stop labelling people far right that don't agree with them. I have said on here before that I hate the far right, and I hate the far left. They are as dangerous as each other. Rather than debate an issue, the normal thing is to call people far right. I'm surprised at you Cultist.

That was my answer. If we're ignoring the IBA ruling (which I think we should) then there is zero evidence that she's not a woman, so I expect she'd be found as a woman.

Who is this "gender expert" by the way?
Don't forget the IBA haven't even published their evidence, so at the moment there's zero evidence even if you don't ignore the IBA ruling.

At the moment you have to accept things as they are. If an independent and trustworthy test were carried out then things might change, but that isn't the case as things stand.

And, for balance, I think it's worth me pointing out that I was all for Caster Semenya being banned. The reason for that is because her gender test wasn't carried out by a corrupt organisation.

As a poster that identifies as very very Apolitical a certain other poster is hacking me off with his political projections on a non political web site.
These one imho sided views ruin a good site and a good world.
My original post was not about boxers or hard core knitters but merely about all sports in general but it turned into “I’m right” no no “I’m right”.
I personally am glad I’m a dinosaur and live my life by coming sense and I thank Harry Potter that I live in a bubble in a hole.
IMHO all views are valid but sometimes some views are a little bit less valid than others.
And breathe.

Back