• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drove to give blood at Orsett Hall. Arrived to find a person letting people know that the session was cancelled as the floor had recently been varnished and there were still the smell of fumes within the hall.

Could they have not worked that out before the session was due to start before deciding that.

The increasing numbers of drivers who don't bother signalling when turning.
Also noticed lots of vehicles go through red traffic lights when changing back from green, nearly got hit at Tesco/Prince Avenue roundabout on Wednesday evening by someone clearly going thru Red when my side was green.

Really need to have your wits about you, if they put cameras on all lights it would virtually stop it. The only language people seem to understand is when they’re hit in the pocket with a fine.

I don’t understand why you’d put lives at risk for the sake of getting 30 seconds further up the road, madness.. 🙁

I have my granddaughter every Friday who is 17 months old. Today after swimming I needed to pop to Morrisons and struggled to park where I could open the door to get her out of her car seat. I eventually found somewhere and then I watched older people get into their cars who were parked in the parent and child spaces. I didn’t mind the walk carrying her to the shops but when I returned to my car someone had parked too close to my passenger side and I could get her back into the care hence, I then had to walk all the way back and ask them to put an announcement out.
I was fuming with those people who had taken up the spaces designated for people with small children

I have my granddaughter every Friday who is 17 months old. Today after swimming I needed to pop to Morrisons and struggled to park where I could open the door to get her out of her car seat. I eventually found somewhere and then I watched older people get into their cars who were parked in the parent and child spaces. I didn’t mind the walk carrying her to the shops but when I returned to my car someone had parked too close to my passenger side and I could get her back into the care hence, I then had to walk all the way back and ask them to put an announcement out.
I was fuming with those people who had taken up the spaces designated for people with small children
I've been known to run after the people that have got out of the car concerned that they have left their child in the car. I'd say 50% then go back to their car and move it. The other 50% tell me what exactly where i should go.

Those 50% then have to re-adjust their wing mirrors when they get back to the car 😇

I don't think its something exclusive to older people @Tinks, I've seen white van man regularly using those spaces together with Flatback man and anyone who wants to quickly 'pop in' for something. I can just about understand the older ones who may not be able to walk far but don't qualify for Blue Badges. Maybe supermarkets should make the spaces a bit bigger? although you can never anticipate the chimps that don't understand the concept of parking with the white lines.

Also noticed lots of vehicles go through red traffic lights when changing back from green, nearly got hit at Tesco/Prince Avenue roundabout on Wednesday evening by someone clearly going thru Red when my side was green.

Really need to have your wits about you, if they put cameras on all lights it would virtually stop it. The only language people seem to understand is when they’re hit in the pocket with a fine.

I don’t understand why you’d put lives at risk for the sake of getting 30 seconds further up the road, madness.. 🙁
That's known as tipper green, so I'm ahem, told. 🤫

On that note, it always annoys me how most car parks have a lot more disabled spaces than parent and child spaces, when there are normally more parents with children then disabled people.

Southend Hospital new parking system. So the hospital was a get ticket on entry, and pay at machine on exit. Perfect, as you only payed for time used. It also meant you couldn't get an overstay ticket. It took coins, notes and card. In that hospital, you never know how long your stay is whether you are a patient or visitor, for many reasons.
Now they've made it pay and display, which is a money grab. First of all most people will end up paying for hours they are not using. And secondly, people are getting parking tickets, having been caught out. These machines take card or coins only. Another thing catching people out. A lot of the elderly use cash only. So might only have a few coins.
So my mate was feeling very unwell and couldn't wait ages for an ambulance, so drove himself up there. He doesn't use a card. So had notes, which it wouldn't take, but only enough coins for four hours, which he put in. He went to A&E and collapsed. They put him on a trolley bed, and eventually he went through the system, and he was given medication, and woke up in a hospital bed, but feeling much better. So of course he wasn't thinking about parking, as he was asleep. They released him after a 9 hour stay, as they need the beds, after getting his blood and all other readings right. Of course he came out to a parking ticket, which he wouldn't have got with the old system.

Last edited:
I don't think its something exclusive to older people @Tinks, I've seen white van man regularly using those spaces together with Flatback man and anyone who wants to quickly 'pop in' for something. I can just about understand the older ones who may not be able to walk far but don't qualify for Blue Badges. Maybe supermarkets should make the spaces a bit bigger? although you can never anticipate the chimps that don't understand the concept of parking with the white lines.
There is a guy who drives a yellow 55 plate Mustang that parks opposite the disabled bays at Morrisons on Canvey. It is not a designated bay and by parking there it makes it harder to access the disabled parking spots.

Maybe he is worried about someone opening a door onto his pride and joy but I suspect he just wants everyone to admire his vehicle because I have also seen him wearing Mustang branded clothing.

It shouldn't annoy me as much as it it does.

There is a guy who drives a yellow 55 plate Mustang that parks opposite the disabled bays at Morrisons on Canvey. It is not a designated bay and by parking there it makes it harder to access the disabled parking spots.

Maybe he is worried about someone opening a door onto his pride and joy but I suspect he just wants everyone to admire his vehicle because I have also seen him wearing Mustang branded clothing.

It shouldn't annoy me as much as it it does.
Yes it should mate, yellow is just a sh1te colour for a car of any manufacture.

Back