• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After a couple of weeks trying to get an answer, National League TV have finally confirmed that they no longer offer the monthly £22.50.. option, only the £9.50 match day pass. An appallingly run service just got worse. By comparison I also subscribe to Viaplay for €12.50 monthly, which provides coverage of every single Premier League game, many Championship matches, cup ties, Bundesliga and European Champions League and Europa Conference games.

I met with the mayor and my local congresswoman yesterday to discuss the damage done to the area by a recent ice storm. The level of sycophancy in the room was revolting.

On the plus side, the congresswoman, despite being characterized as a progressive democrat, was very pleasant. Her director of constituent services, who I was able to connect with regarding FEMA funds, was also very helpful. And very tasty.

£1.25bn to buy Man United, but wants the taxpayer to help foot the bill for a new Man Utd stadium what a **** 😂😂

Owner of a football club using other people's money for their own eventual benefit, reminds me of someone but I really can't put my finger on it.

Last edited:

£1.25bn to buy Man United, but wants the taxpayer to help foot the bill for a new Man Utd stadium what a **** 😂😂

Owner of a football club using other people's money for their own eventual benefit, reminds me of someone but I really can't put my finger on it.
They have the land to build a new stadium (and probably a decent one if they rotated their pitch 90 degrees) why the taxpayer should stump up the cash to build it.

They should request Manchester host the commonwealth games or the Olympics, build an athletics venue, then just arrange to gift it to the club for peanuts like they have with City and West Spam

Quite ironic given his personal affairs are run offshore, so he doesn't pay much tax to HMRC.

I'm all for the elderly having access to their mobility etc but if your driving down the A130 from Chelmsford, in the middle lane with no lights doing 35 / 40 mph when its torrential rain then your ought to have your license taken away. I'm amazed no one crashed into him.

I have just seen some shocking footage of gang related activity in Leigh.
It was much worse in the 70s. All council area's in Leigh had a gang. Kent Avenue estate, Treecot mob, Harridge Road + Blenheim Chase. Danescroft mob. And then you had youth clubs like Leigh Comm, and some of the church halls had a youth club and the odd disco night. Then there were gang hangouts like Marine Parade, the Glendale cafe, Blenheim Park and Bonchurch Park. Some until late at night, driving the locals mad. The only good thing was that I never saw any youth take any drugs in any way. Sadly drugs is rife now, and they are starting much younger.

Southend Shakedown cancelled for 2024. It seems the organisers can't get enough volunteer marshals following previous abuse from some members of the public, often violent.

It was much worse in the 70s. All council area's in Leigh had a gang. Kent Avenue estate, Treecot mob, Harridge Road + Blenheim Chase. Danescroft mob. And then you had youth clubs like Leigh Comm, and some of the church halls had a youth club and the odd disco night. Then there were gang hangouts like Marine Parade, the Glendale cafe, Blenheim Park and Bonchurch Park. Some until late at night, driving the locals mad. The only good thing was that I never saw any youth take any drugs in any way. Sadly drugs is rife now, and they are starting much younger.

These were 15 year old kids with huge knives and machetes.

Cheap tickets to see Peppa Pig the movie with my wife and 2 kids. Only £5 a ticket which I didn't think was too shabby.

However, perhaps naively I forgot about the highway robbery that was the concessions stand. £5.90 for a small popcorn (wasn't even in a box. Just a paper bag) Both kids wanted 1 so £11.80 spent. The youngest took 2 pieces and handed it back as he didn't like it :Scared:

Miller and carter in rayleigh, poor customer service. Keep waiting for ten minutes to seat at table, food arrived with stuff missing. Complained and they didn't give a **** then kept waiting for twenty minutes for the bill. Staff seem to be going through the motions

Miller and carter in rayleigh, poor customer service. Keep waiting for ten minutes to seat at table, food arrived with stuff missing. Complained and they didn't give a **** then kept waiting for twenty minutes for the bill. Staff seem to be going through the motions
No excuses for that, shocking attitude.

I've just clocked the price of some of their steaks. I'd want the red carpet treatment if I coughed up that sort of dosh for their food.

I’ve had it with chain restaurants after experiencing the same at this place, also at The Bull in Hockley & Rayleigh Harvester with poor food, bad service & shabby staff attitudes in the recent past.

When possible we like to give small independent places the custom as the experience tends to be better & they actually seem to care about the customers.

Enjoyed lovely meals at Neil’s Bar Kitchen in Hockley & Marble Mediterranean Resturant in South Benfleet. Izzi in Canvey High street is good for anytime of day also.

Any other recommendations welcome as I’m a glutton for well priced lovely grub 😋

I’ve had it with chain restaurants after experiencing the same at this place, also at The Bull in Hockley & Rayleigh Harvester with poor food, bad service & shabby staff attitudes in the recent past.

When possible we like to give small independent places the custom as the experience tends to be better & they actually seem to care about the customers.

Enjoyed lovely meals at Neil’s Bar Kitchen in Hockley & Marble Mediterranean Resturant in South Benfleet. Izzi in Canvey High street is good for anytime of day also.

Any other recommendations welcome as I’m a glutton for well priced lovely grub 😋
Buccatini next to the Cliffs Pavilion. Family run Italian street food. Very reasonable prices for great flavours and quantity.

Back