• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It’s become the norm round there over the past several months, the ‘workers’ just seem to be standing round smoking, leaning on their lorries or looking at mobile phones.

All the back roads are getting clogged with traffic as everyone seeks to find a way around the situation.

I’m renting in Canvey but supposed to be moving to my new place in Folly Lane, Blockley tomorrow.

Absolutely dreading it with the traffic being the way it is.
All the best in your new home. I'm sure Hockley will be back to it's old self once they have all hitched their caravans up and moved on.

Dishwasher appears to be totally T/F'd. Did not drain away last night's wash, and when I tried turning it on nothing happened. £98 call out charge for Siemens plus parts focussed the mind (well, hers anyway). As it's just passed it's 15th birthday it was a trip to Stellisons and a new one, due on Wednesday. ****ed off or what?

Dishwasher appears to be totally T/F'd. Did not drain away last night's wash, and when I tried turning it on nothing happened. £98 call out charge for Siemens plus parts focussed the mind (well, hers anyway). As it's just passed it's 15th birthday it was a trip to Stellisons and a new one, due on Wednesday. ****ed off or what?
Cheer up ,u will have a nice new shiny dishwasher ,how bad is that ?

Reactions: RHB
Cheer up ,u will have a nice new shiny dishwasher ,how bad is that ?
We've bought Bosch this time and I've just had a quick look at the FeeFo reviews for it. This was an absolute corker which did cheer me up no end.

Lovely solid toaster which browns evenly

We've bought Bosch this time and I've just had a quick look at the FeeFo reviews for it. This was an absolute corker which did cheer me up no end.

Lovely solid toaster which browns evenly
I have a Bosh ,u can’t beat them !

Reactions: RHB
Our washing machine gave up last week. We have someone coming on Wednesday to fix it. In the meantime my wife has had to use the local launderette. What a rip off that is.

Major road works and a road closure in Hockley and Hawkwell area, thought the area was finally clear but not for long.

Making life very difficult to get to my coaching sessions 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: ESG
Pig ignorant drivers! We followed a hearse down Prince Avenue and then off towards the Southend Crem. At the Crem entrance the Funeral Director got out of the car and attempted to walk the hearse and coffin in. There was an oncoming stream of traffic which was in no mood to stop for him and a van even blasted his horn at the Director as he attempted, for the umpteenth time, to cross into the drive entrance. A sad sign of the times and a reflection of drivers that should be ashamed of themselves, but won't be.

Does anyone know how to speak to someone in the ticket office, been phoning all day, no joy. There isnt any crap music to listen to!
I gave this advice in another thread as It'sGrimUpNorth was having the same trouble. Bottom is his reply.

Me.
You're better off phoning after 11am. I also find that if you phone reception on 01702 304050 , and select the ticket office option, you normally get through quicker than the 0344-4770077 number for some reason.

It'sGrimUpNorth.
This was indeed the case.
Thank you!
All sorted now. All that time phoning the ticket office and when you call the club and select them on 1 it goes straight through!

Last edited:
I gave this advice in another thread as It'sGrimUpNorth was having the same trouble. Bottom is his reply.

Me.
You're better off phoning after 11am. I also find that if you phone reception on 01702 304050 , and select the ticket office option, you normally get through quicker than the 0344-4770077 number for some reason.
I was in there around 12.30 today. While the lady was serving me the phone was ringing, but although i could hear voices in the office, no-one took the call!.

Some new tablets for blood pressure which appear to be giving me really itchy legs at night, hence being up at this time for the 4th night in a row....phone call to the doctor tomorrow it is.

Having sold their products for many years, before I went into insurance, they are basically the same. From the same factory and the only difference you generally get is the control panel, siemens have a focus on digital screens and looks and the bosch are generally more basic button control. Less to go wrong on the bosch.
Our old siemens dishwasher was 15 years old so it didn't owe us anything. Comparing prices between Bosch and Siemens this time round showed that siemens were about £100/120 more, so it was a no brainer to go for Bosch this time.

Back