• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I pretty much sit in the same spot in my house to (wirelessly) use my laptop but lately the network connection has become a lot more unstable with it constantly dropping out during the day but especially around the 5pm time
I'm getting a few "Out of Range" error messages

HMRC have managed to totally **** my tax codes and they believe I'm still employed by a job I left 2 years ago and left my entire personal allowance on this position, I was never informed of this at any point.

This severely limits the amount I have to earn for my current part-time position before I get taxed at 20%, I might even cross this threshold next payday.

This is on top of an over-zealous emergency tax as well which took my entire Christmas overtime off me.

Now sat on the phone trying to get through to a HUMAN BEING :Angry:

HMRC have managed to totally **** my tax codes and they believe I'm still employed by a job I left 2 years ago and left my entire personal allowance on this position, I was never informed of this at any point.

This severely limits the amount I have to earn for my current part-time position before I get taxed at 20%, I might even cross this threshold next payday.

This is on top of an over-zealous emergency tax as well which took my entire Christmas overtime off me.

Now sat on the phone trying to get through to a HUMAN BEING :Angry:
Sorry to hear that and i can sympathise fully.

I owed them two lots of tax, one of which temp code for these 3 months and the other i chose to pay by bank transfer. Payed it straight away on 28th November and as of today it's still flagged as money owed.

Tried to phone several times but gave up at @45 minute's. Even more annoying is they ask if you'd like to give a review of the call right at the start!

Bunch of absolute t*****s!

Sorry to hear that and i can sympathise fully.

I owed them two lots of tax, one of which temp code for these 3 months and the other i chose to pay by bank transfer. Payed it straight away on 28th November and as of today it's still flagged as money owed.

Tried to phone several times but gave up at @45 minute's. Even more annoying is they ask if you'd like to give a review of the call right at the start!

Bunch of absolute t*****s!
Turns out my former employer never informed HMRC I had left. Whether this was sheer incompetency or intentional, I don't know and it could easily be a bit of both.

My tax codes have been amended but I won't be getting any money back until the yearly rebate.

Took me over an hour in the end to speak to a real person, and they were actually helpful to be fair to them.

Considering I had paid a fair chunk of someone's salary with my emergency tax and more than my fair share of tax in the past, one would expect a more streamlined service.

Sorry to hear about your issues, and it sounds like it's a common theme. I had to file self-assessment returns for my self-employed income and I am still receiving letters saying I need to submit my returns, even though I put them in over 3 weeks ago.

Luck has run out with this idiot site agent. Been sitting outside Lords Cricket Ground since 8.30 and haven't turned a wheel. The clown has ordered three grabs and there's barely any work for one. Bored silly.
I feel your pain B if ever the Building industry junior management level needed a shake up it’s long due, I’m glad I’m retired.

Two blokes shoplifting in Rayleigh M&S - putting packs of steak into a carrier bag and just walking out. Alarms went off but no security staff. Lost count of the number of times I have seen similar happen.

Last edited:
Two blokes shoplifting in Rayleigh M&S - putting packs of steak into a carrier bag and just walking out. Alarms went off but no security staff. Lost count of the number of times I have seen similar happen.
Yes, the police won't even be called for items totalling £200 now apparently. Well, it keeps the crime figures down. Lots of shops and Supermarkets just let them walk out with stuff now. Some take a photo and ban them. It's gone mental in Southend High Street and Shopping Centres, as loads more druggies have been advised to go to Southend from mainly London, as there's so much help here now. Free meals, hostels, church help, etc.

Last edited:
Blockley at a standstill again thanks to S***y Fibre. Traffic queuing right back to Bullwood Hall. 3 blokes scratching their heads looking down a hole and another 3 standing around getting plenty of abuse. It will kick off again soon.

Blockley at a standstill again thanks to S***y Fibre. Traffic queuing right back to Bullwood Hall. 3 blokes scratching their heads looking down a hole and another 3 standing around getting plenty of abuse. It will kick off again soon.
It’s become the norm round there over the past several months, the ‘workers’ just seem to be standing round smoking, leaning on their lorries or looking at mobile phones.

All the back roads are getting clogged with traffic as everyone seeks to find a way around the situation.

I’m renting in Canvey but supposed to be moving to my new place in Folly Lane, Blockley tomorrow.

Absolutely dreading it with the traffic being the way it is.

Back