• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EOCI is where One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest is set, isn’t it?

As a teenager, my missus regularly visited her uncle in Belmarsh. Fair to say her thoughts on it, wouldn’t read well as a Tripadvisor review.

As for me, fortunately, my old man did his bid before I was born, so I didn’t have to experience that. Thank god.
Yes mate, that’s right. Was changed from a psychiatric hospital to a prison in the 80s. It’s a pretty foreboding place.

My old man had a couple of short visits to Chelmsford when I was a kid, but I was never taken there.

New Years honours.

Sporting heros get a CBE but certain individuals who came along briefly, lived at number 11, did nothing for the country and disappeared get a knighthood 😡
I’m scratching my head over Paul Hollywood earning an MBE for his work in baking and broadcasting.

Reactions: ESG
The starting gun has been loaded on the great debate of blue vs red vs yellow vs green vs other colour rosettes and the news will now no doubt concentrate on this until the gun is fired, through to the night of the count and then will spill into the months after.

If a new war occurs, a current one escalates, or any natural disasters occur you've missed your slot for the news of the day in the media and will be sidelined to the margins.

Not political, more a prediction on what the media will be concentrating on.

Anyone else get a Christmas and NY cold? Everyone in our family including parents and siblings got it and none of us have shifted it fully. I’ve had a hacking cough for the last 3 days and that’s after 12 days of this ****. Not all of us have taken Covid tests but of those that have none are positive. I’ve not been ill with mine it’s just ****ing me off.

Anyone else get a Christmas and NY cold? Everyone in our family including parents and siblings got it and none of us have shifted it fully. I’ve had a hacking cough for the last 3 days and that’s after 12 days of this ****. Not all of us have taken Covid tests but of those that have none are positive. I’ve not been ill with mine it’s just ****ing me off.
My two sons were ill with it over the holidays but by some miracle my wife and I managed to avoid catching it.

Our youger daugher (aged 30) who came over from Brasilia (where's she working ) did.Nobody else seems affected fortunately.(She was going to see the Doc. yesteerday apparently).

Shower screen has just fallen off. £400-£500 shower screen and the makers entrust a plastic clip to hold it in place (which has failed) Luckily I was in the bathroom with my 2 children whilst they were in the bath and managed to catch it before it hit them in the bath.

Will be a dreaded trip around IKEA to get a cheap temporary push fit rail and a curtain whilst I contact the manufacturer of my current one and rant at them about the quality if their product and get the to arrange to fix / replace.

Shower screen has just fallen off. £400-£500 shower screen and the makers entrust a plastic clip to hold it in place (which has failed) Luckily I was in the bathroom with my 2 children whilst they were in the bath and managed to catch it before it hit them in the bath.

Will be a dreaded trip around IKEA to get a cheap temporary push fit rail and a curtain whilst I contact the manufacturer of my current one and rant at them about the quality if their product and get the to arrange to fix / replace.
Your children had a lucky escape by all accounts, thankfully. Good luck with you're options. Only once ventured into IKEA ( about 15 years ago ), saw the length of the queues, turned round & walked out.
As for the manufacturer holding up their hands & claiming responsibility, & offering good customer service by replacing it FOC, good luck with that as well.

Your children had a lucky escape by all accounts, thankfully. Good luck with you're options. Only once ventured into IKEA ( about 15 years ago ), saw the length of the queues, turned round & walked out.
As for the manufacturer holding up their hands & claiming responsibility, & offering good customer service by replacing it FOC, good luck with that as well.
Extremely lucky. Both are pretty good and don't touch or seing the bath screen and it's only us that move it.

The manufacturer supposedly has a lifetime guarantee so I'll be putting that to the test. It will only be 3 years old in February so I guess I'll know just how long a lifetime is based on their response.

As for Ikea I'm dreading that.

Extremely lucky. Both are pretty good and don't touch or seing the bath screen and it's only us that move it.

The manufacturer supposedly has a lifetime guarantee so I'll be putting that to the test. It will only be 3 years old in February so I guess I'll know just how long a lifetime is based on their response.

As for Ikea I'm dreading that.
IKEA is Dante’s version of hell. I was there Saturday. It’s actually worse than it was.

Back