• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thought I might watch the BBC televised FA Cup game after our postponement. Only when I tuned in did I discover that Non-league Alfreton Town's FA Cup second-round tie with League Two side Walsall was called off due to a frozen pitch just minutes before kick-off. I bet Walsall fans that travelled were happy.

Now what to do this afternoon?

Barclays Bank in Rayleigh is closing. Always busy - a few months ago they started closing on a Thursday but then reversed that decision and reverted to 5 weekdays, plus Saturday mornings.

Barclays Bank in Rayleigh is closing. Always busy - a few months ago they started closing on a Thursday but then reversed that decision and reverted to 5 weekdays, plus Saturday mornings.
Assuming Barclays see this closure through, that only leaves Southend with a full time Barclays branch. They obviously want to push on for on-line banking only. Shareholders and profit before customers once again.

People who shop and do everything online. moaning about their high street turning to cak..
People who moan (for example) that its X pence for a fuse in the local shop, when you can order 20 for the same price from amazon , then moan that their local hardware shop is now a (drug front )fast food, phone accessory , empty dump with people smoking weed outside it..
we all get the high streets we deserve.

On recent few occasion I have visited a bank half the staff were teaching elderly people how to use a banking app/cash machine.

On recent few occasion I have visited a bank half the staff were teaching elderly people how to use a banking app/cash machine.
In Rayleigh the Barclays branch is often busy dealing with Shop keepers depositing their takings. Those folk come from all the surrounding towns and villages. What are they supposed to do after closure.

I was there on a Saturday a few weeks ago. An absolute nonsense. No desks open just machines but obviously some staff in there. But half the machines are too confusing or didn't work. Staff then having to talk through the machines. Would be much better off just putting them behind the desk as usual.

Reactions: RHB
I was there on a Saturday a few weeks ago. An absolute nonsense. No desks open just machines but obviously some staff in there. But half the machines are too confusing or didn't work. Staff then having to talk through the machines. Would be much better off just putting them behind the desk as usual.
Always makes me laugh a member of staff showing how to use machines knowing full well they'll be doing it again next time!
Don't get me started on supermarket self service!

Always makes me laugh a member of staff showing how to use machines knowing full well they'll be doing it again next time!
Don't get me started on supermarket self service!
Banks charge about 1.4% on each and every card transaction and that is where they make Billions.
And that is why the rich share holding knobs in power want a cash less society, it is a stealth tax lining the wealthier wallets.
Use cash.

In Rayleigh the Barclays branch is often busy dealing with Shop keepers depositing their takings. Those folk come from all the surrounding towns and villages. What are they supposed to do after closure.

Same as over here in Kent - go to the Post Office (can't imagine the length of queues we'll be seeing there.....) or designated (and solitary) regional branch. Where I live the plans are that there'll be no banks whatsoever in the high street - just the PO and Nationwide BS 👎

Back