• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was in Celco Lighting shop in the London Road yesterday and during a chat with the owner he told me that he would probably be closing down in the New Year as the Landlord has decided to up the rent by £10k a year. Celco have been around for years and I've used them for so many lighting wants, so I shall miss them. Another long established shop down the drain.

I was in Celco Lighting shop in the London Road yesterday and during a chat with the owner he told me that he would probably be closing down in the New Year as the Landlord has decided to up the rent by £10k a year. Celco have been around for years and I've used them for so many lighting wants, so I shall miss them. Another long establish shop down the drain.
That will be a big shame. They are my go to shop for lights as well. Very nice couple. I haven't been in there for, possibly a year or more, was their boxer dog still behind the counter? He is getting old and slowing right down, I know they worried about his eyesight.

Reactions: RHB
That will be a big shame. They are my go to shop for lights as well. Very nice couple. I haven't been in there for, possibly a year or more, was their boxer dog still behind the counter? He is getting old and slowing right down, I know they worried about his eyesight.
Sadly Julie has gone, as Jason couldn't afford to keep her on. And the boxer dog has moved on to doggie heaven too, so pretty miserable Jason now. Reckons he can't wait to close and work for someone else for a change!

Sadly Julie has gone, as Jason couldn't afford to keep her on. And the boxer dog has moved on to doggie heaven too, so pretty miserable Jason now. Reckons he can't wait to close and work for someone else for a change!
Very sad. I once had to get a bulb for an OAP for a very old fridge. No one had it, he did though.

Blimey, that is sad.
I spent a lot of money , many years ago on a light that was special order from the catalogue, very nice. However many years later the plastic fittings around the buld holders became brittle and breaking, Jason refurbished it and made it so it took modern low watt bulbs, very reasonable price for a very good job.
My dog used to stand on back paws with front paws on counter while the boxer stood his side doing the same eye-ing each other up in an affable way.

I was in Celco Lighting shop in the London Road yesterday and during a chat with the owner he told me that he would probably be closing down in the New Year as the Landlord has decided to up the rent by £10k a year.
Makes you wonder what planet some greedy landlords are on?. To want just under another £200 rent per week in these turbulent times is just plain daft?.
If the owner decided to 'call it a day', odds on that the shop would remain empty for a long time, meaning the landlord wouldn't get a penny income through rent, & serve him right.

Makes you wonder what planet some greedy landlords are on?. To want just under another £200 rent per week in these turbulent times is just plain daft?.
If the owner decided to 'call it a day', odds on that the shop would remain empty for a long time, meaning the landlord wouldn't get a penny income through rent, & serve him right.

Not necessarily. There’s plenty of tanning salons, nail bars, vape shops or barbers that could replace it.

Whilst there’s money that needs laundering, there’ll always be a shop front to help it.

Delay Repay - on Monday my train did not arrive at Rayleigh due to a fatality on the line. I submitted a delay repay request to Greater Anglia today and it was "rejected" .

The system that administers delay repay for GA is not fit for purpose. The number of genuine claims I've had refused is shocking, probably around 50%. Always win via the appeal process but sometimes needs several emails. Guess they rely on people giving up as often just a few quid - not much for each individual, but probably adds up to a fair sum for GA

The system that administers delay repay for GA is not fit for purpose. The number of genuine claims I've had refused is shocking, probably around 50%. Always win via the appeal process but sometimes needs several emails. Guess they rely on people giving up as often just a few quid - not much for each individual, but probably adds up to a fair sum for GA
unbelievably it took them just 60 seconds to refuse my initial application

unbelievably it took them just 60 seconds to refuse my initial application
It's very unlikely a real person looked at your application if it happened that quickly, something happened that made the system automatically decide you aren't entitled to a refund.

A common mistake is to input the departure time of the replacement train rather than the cancelled train but the forms are so needlessly confusing there's a multitude of reasons you could have been falsely rejected. If you email an appeal with an explanation of what happened then a human should look at your case and hopefully refund you (if they don't you can threaten to escalate it to a complaints board).

Back