• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After 11 months loss adjusters have said restoration work on my late fathers property has been completed. My brother took a trip to Leicestershire today.

Several rooms were supposed to be completed redecorated but it is the biggest cowboy job we have ever seen.

IMG_4760.jpg
IMG_4777.jpg
IMG_4765.jpg

Just spoken to my Aunt - she claims that my dad told her he wanted to change his will a few days before his death. Instead of a 50-50 split between my brother and I he actually wanted a 40-30-30 split in favour of some cousin of his. We were told by her that if we loved our father we would respect his last wishes.

Obviously they can all FRO because we have the will and the period to challenge has expired but the sheer nerve and pettiness of people when a bit of money is involved is staggering.

Just spoken to my Aunt - she claims that my dad told her he wanted to change his will a few days before his death. Instead of a 50-50 split between my brother and I he actually wanted a 40-30-30 split in favour of some cousin of his. We were told by her that if we loved our father we would respect his last wishes.

Obviously they can all FRO because we have the will and the period to challenge has expired but the sheer nerve and pettiness of people when a bit of money is involved is staggering.
So so true Cyril, as the saying goes “Where there is a will there is a relative” .

Totally understand Cyril.
I got fitted up by my late father and sister drawing up a new will when i was the other side of the world. Not a clue untill he was through the pearly gates but just couldn't be bothered to even contest it. Needless to say we have not spoken since but my conscience is clear.

Last edited:

The gloves well and truly come off

My wife has taken the dogs to the groomers and they have taken too much fur off They stink of dog shampoo and are wearing ridiculous bow ties.

I am really upset. The look like ****ing Bros.

View attachment 29764
I can sympathise. Poor dogs.

This morning my Mrs asked what I’d like for dinner so I said “Chicken, Chips & Corn on the cob”, just got in and what do I have?
Quorn fillets (no chicken in our local Morrisons apparently), Sweet potato wedges & a tin of corn niblet thingies.

When I had a moan she said “Well why didn’t you get it yourself then!” & huffed off upstairs saying I’m insensitive.

Somehow this has become MY fault apparently☹️,

I can sympathise. Poor dogs.

This morning my Mrs asked what I’d like for dinner so I said “Chicken, Chips & Corn on the cob”, just got in and what do I have?
Quorn fillets (no chicken in our local Morrisons apparently), Sweet potato wedges & a tin of corn niblet thingies.

When I had a moan she said “Well why didn’t you get it yourself then!” & huffed off upstairs saying I’m insensitive.

Somehow this has become MY fault apparently☹️,
Oh dear, guess you're not on a 'promise' tonight!!.

I am going up Fiday to change the locks on the property.

It has been made quite clear that my dad's cousin feels the place is half hers and my aunt has a set of keys...

The not so well off are still under attack. For a start the cheap one day travel card is being stopped in January, for travelling into and about London. They tested doing the Oyster card thing for the same journeys, and off course it's now going to be dearer without the one day travelcard. As if it's not dear enough as prices have rocketed on the train. Then in Bath and Greenwich London they are doing a trial thing(Obviously another money grab) you put your reg in, in car parks and the amount you pay depends on your cars emissions. Basically, if you have an older car, you pay a lot more. Car permits in those areas are also now emission based, again meaning an older car with not so good emissions will pay up to £200 more. This may be rolled out across the country in the future it was said. All very good, but some people are literally down to their last £1 each week due to the cost of living, bills, rent, etc. having all gone up massively. So this will only affect those that can't afford to upgrade their car.

Mortgage payments for any half decent local apartment/home are obscene.

Minimum £1k a month for rabbit hutches, and a minimum of 20k deposit in most cases, likely to be higher as I have self-employed status too.

No wonder couples are often moving into bigger properties while staying under their family's wing. All well and good if you have that option...

My grandparents moved to this area from East London and the North with a promise there would be adequate housing for 3 generations.

Back